Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 2.0 hdi has the dreaded chatter from the flywheel.This indicates that the flywheel is worn.The car only has 27,000 on the clock and is an 02 plate.Have heard Peugeot extended the warranty on this item because it was a known fault(5yrs,100,000).Anybody had this fault or heard of the warranty?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If any one else has the chattering flywheel syndrome and there car is less than 5yrs old and has less than 100,000 miles get hold of your local dealer.Peugeot have extended the warranty on this item and will replace it free of charge.I even have a courtesy car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Flywheel

Hi

Had 52 plate 307 hdi 110 for bout 8 mnths from new and the whole clutch disintegrated. Turns out the flywheel was warping causing it to cause the noise and the damage!! took dixons 13 weeks to replace it to the correct standard as they kept messing it up. Had 3 replacement software downloads from france too for the ecu.

Was all done under warranty but thats not the point. Dont expect that to happen on a ?16k car thats 8 mnths old!!

If its making a noise, get it checked out mate, cos if its out of warranty then you'll have to pay for it. Rather pay for new clutch assembly before it goes than pay for it when its disintegrated and caused other damage as well.

Hope this helps

tyger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the 307 back from Peugeot the other day.They have changed the clutch and the flywheel and regenerated the FAP filter.There was no charge at all coz it was under warranty(5yrs,100,000miles).I even got a courtesy car,Pug 1007.Now it is as good as new.Would recommend S Hall Peugeot dealers in Warrington for there service and good communication to the customer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts