Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes cars air con is really good, whereas, the manual air con on my Golf GTD is really poor.

As, with all this hot weather about, no doubt you all been using your air con, how does the 3008's air con rate?

·
Registered
544 Posts
My wifes cars air con is really good, whereas, the manual air con on my Golf GTD is really poor.

As, with all this hot weather about, no doubt you all been using your air con, how does the 3008's air con rate?
Well mine seems really good tbh, Beau. I've no complaints about it up now

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well mine seems really good tbh, Beau. I've no complaints about it up now
Gill, How quick do you find the coolant kicks in and more importantly how cold can it achieve?
I'm one of those who likes to feel 'goose-pimpled chilled' on a hot muggy day.

·
Registered
160 Posts
We had a few days at 30 deg recently and the air-con was excellent. My wife likes to have her side a couple of degrees cooler than me and no complaints from her.

Kicks in quicker than our old Citroen (also dual climate).

Reactions: Beards

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
We had a few days at 30 deg recently and the air-con was excellent. My wife likes to have her side a couple of degrees cooler than me and no complaints from her.

Kicks in quicker than our old Citroen (also dual climate).

Even warmer here, car left in hot sun is unbearable but aircon kicks in very quickly. I thought I would use the open panoramic roof more but the sun is too hot on the head so we tend to keep the blind closed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Gill, How quick do you find the coolant kicks in and more importantly how cold can it achieve?
I'm one of those who likes to feel 'goose-pimpled chilled' on a hot muggy day.
As the others have said, Mike, it chills the car within 3-4 minutes although I don't know whether I'd go as far as to say it gets as cool as "goose-pimpled chilled" tbh.

With this hot weather recently I've been pleased with the temperature of my bottled water in the centre console storage box. I keep 3-4 500ml bottles of water in there and considering how hot it's been getting I've found that the water is nice and cool, whereas with the outside temps reaching over 30°C I would expect it to taste quite unpleasant

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think it`s the best ventilation system i have owned TBH. Mines set to auto and i`ve never seen a single speck of mist on the windows and the air con kicks in within around 10 to 15 seconds of engine start and seems to work almost instantly.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
38 degrees this afternoon, not quite so impressed. Cold air not as cold as my old Focus which, on full blast, was too cold but at least it could be adjusted to a more comfortable temperature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.