Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Doesn't matter how fancy the machine is.... the only thing you need to know is if the product was tested to industry standards... and the lucky part is, the DW10BTED4 engine is used as a test subject. You need to ensure any fuel treatment has passed the CEC F-98-08 test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok problem sorted.

The high pressure diesel pump has 2 control actuators a flow regulator (suction control valve or IMV) and a pressure control valve or 'regulator'. The flow regulator is located on the top of the pump retained by 2 hex head bolts and the pressure control valve is located under the pump and screws in, a 12inch shifter will do the job. (The 'o' ring will require replacement every time as the thread will cut it while unscrewing.)

In my case the pressure control valve was faulty (even after swapping it out, it failed again after 40kms). This led me to beleive the issue was else where when it wasnt.

This actuator is obviously extreamly sensitive and any amount of foreign contaminants will make this fail. I was completely unsuccessful in trying to clean out or even actuate it to clean also (there is no actuator test in pp2000 for this and applying direct 12v did nothing).

A few tips to help avoid this:

Ensure routine fuel filter replacement and plug the fittings during replacement to prevent dust entering fuel system. (I only just bought the car and it was serviced by a dealer however the fuel filter had not been replaced and caused this issue. So always check)

Ensure any work being carried out post filter is 100% clean and no chance of dust entering pump. Completely flush out the fuel lines and filter bowl using dry compressed air and then with diesel fuel by pumping the primer.

When replacing the actuators: With the flow regulator removed, use the primer bulb to pump diesel out of the ports prior to refitting. And with the pressure control valve removed use pp2000 to activate the fuel flow regulator while pumping diesel to flush the ports ect. (May be tricky and req jumper leads).

I even removed the sender again drained all the diesel and physically cleaned all the dirt from the inside of the fuel tank to prevent any chance of crap getting to the pump again.

Hope this helps future trouble pugs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't matter how fancy the machine is.... the only thing you need to know is if the product was tested to industry standards... and the lucky part is, the DW10BTED4 engine is used as a test subject. You need to ensure any fuel treatment has passed the CEC F-98-08 test.
Thanks mate,

Its what we use in our Dealership.
Its not a diesel fuel additive its an independant solution used 'straight'. Its recirculated through its own tank.
We have had excellent results using it.
You cannot buy this at any stores its an industrial product.

Cheers.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts