Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Puegoet Partner MPV that is my daily run around now.

When it went for its MOT, the tester said that one of the drop link nuts was slack. He apparently nipped it up and the car passed. The car has a loud knocking from the front passenger side and when I had a look at the weekend the top nut on the drop link still isn't tight. I jacked up the car and then used another jack to jack up the arm until the force was off the drop link. Tried to tighten the nut but it just spins. It won't tighten or loosen off. I think that the garage tightened it with the load on so it has stripped the threads. I have tried putting a wrecking bar between the drop link and strut whilst undoing the nut and have had a small flat head screw driver inbetween the nut and the strut. It just won't come off!!

Anyone got any ideas how I can get this nut off? Its in quite a tight spot so can't get a grinder in to chop the nut off.

I have a new drop link with nuts ready.

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said the threads were stripped. There was no way I was getting an angle grinder in there so I used a dremel with the flexi extension and that got through it (as recommended by someone on a MG forum!). Drop link all changed out now so hopefully no more knocking!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts