Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people get on with the driving position? The media often mention it, saying the wheel obscures the dials, but personally, I don't have a problem with it, for me the wheel rim only obscures the two buttons at the bottom corner of each dial.

Even though I've only had my car for about 5-6 weeks, if I drive our company pool car (a VW Up!), it's 'regular' sized steering wheel just seems huge, and viewing the dials through the wheel seems odd....

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I don't have any problems at all.
My wife is somewhat shorter than me, and this is the first car where she doesn't have to alter the steering wheel position, just the seat forward about 20 notches. (OK slight exaggeration).

·
Registered
228 Posts
I never had problems with mine, I love how it's thought of. Yes, when I drive my Golf Sportwagen thw steering wheel is huge in comparison

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
When I first sat behind the wheel I was amazed by how small it was and the flat edge (Allegro Quartic anyone?) but very soon became used to it. Even swapping between my C5 and the 308 barely raises an eyebrow now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No problem for me either. I think the motoring press are making an issue out of nothing. Surely it can't be difficult to figure out a comfortable position, there's enough adjustment in the wheel.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appears to be just the media then...!!

Just out of interest, which speedometer do people refer to, the digital readout or the dial? Having had two Renaults as my previous cars, both of which had digital speedos, I use that one.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I don't find myself looking at the dial at all. And the fact that you can switch it from MPH to KPH is brilliant, as I do almost half my annual driving in France.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And the fact that you can switch it from MPH to KPH is brilliant, as I do almost half my annual driving in France.
I could do this with the digital speedo in my previous Megane, so was glad the 308 also does it. Mind you, the first time I did it, it was a bit unnerving seeing '110' on the speedo....!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts