Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I noticed that the ball joint of the arm front suspension had a broken shroud so I thought I'd try to replace the arm. I tried to disassemble it, but I had never done that on a MacPherson suspension and did not know that you should first remove the nut thap stops the axle to the wheel, because I didn't imagine that, once removed the arm of the suspension, suspension springs pushed out, I thought that it only pushed up or down. So, as soon as I disassembled the suspension arm, the axle was dragged out of the differential and it was released about one and a half liters of oil. I guess it's transmission oil. I managed to put it back together. But I wonder if, in your opinion, what it poured out was the differential or transmission oil or what? And yet, now that I made up, will it be back all right or I broke something, refilling the oil in the transmission, will it spill out again? Then after I put it back together I tried to unscrew the huge 30 millimeters nut which stops the axle from the wheel, but despite having broken metal parts deformed to prevent it from turning I couldn't unscrew it, even if I get on ratchet with all my weight and jumps on, why?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.