Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how easy is it to replace the driverside driveshaft seal on a 2.0 hdi 110 gearbox . I know how to remove driveshaft but I am thinking can the seal be done while the box is still in the car due to access . I have done the passenger one . but I need to do the driverside

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
It's a little trickier to do the drivers side as a bit more involved getting the shaft out and not as easy to access the seal especially if you don't have the use of a ramp or a pit but certainly a job you can do without removing the box.

I replaced the clutch on a 2.0 hdi 90 and forgot to replace the seals before I put the box back in. I did the job in the road outside my house so there was no way I was going to take it all apart again. Jacked the car up as high as I could safely get the stands to reach and replaced both seals lying on my back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it is just remove the driveshaft and the plastic pipe and the lower engine mount bracket to try and give you as much room as possible

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is tough if you can make up some kind of drift would be easier. does it actually leak. sometimes you get away with it
i have a drift set and yes i think it is . I replaced the drive shaft and was told I shouldn't need to change them . but now my lower engine mount and the plastic pipe are covered in oil . I also got the cam seal weeping . that I need to do . but I am not that confident in locking the timing . so I got to get £350 for a garage to do that

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Get a Haynes manual, cheap off ebay, they explain the procedure pretty good. If you know the difference between an open ended, combination and a ring spanner and have common sense then you should be able to save yourself £350!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts