Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next problem.......The auto close thing on my drivers side window has stopped working.
The window auto-opens but the button needs to be held to take the window back up.
Car is 53 plate 307 HDi

D

·
0 Posts
Ya that resets the auto up/down.
Don't think that will do it though.
It most likely is the switch.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
dismantle the switch and give the contacts etc a good clean with a rag and old toothbrush with some brasso. due to moisture the copper contacts corrode to a disgusting green crap and can cause issues.

J

·
0 Posts
I have that problem on my 307. Had it since I bought it though.

The auto-down (second click) works spot on for both sides. But the second click up doesn't do anything.

In fact, if I wind the windows up, the passenger side goes up ok, but sometimes during the up-travel, the drivers side decides to change direction and go down. So I have to let go of the button and pull up again.

Time for the haynes manual!

D

·
0 Posts
JazzJPH said:
I have that problem on my 307. Had it since I bought it though.

The auto-down (second click) works spot on for both sides. But the second click up doesn't do anything.

In fact, if I wind the windows up, the passenger side goes up ok, but sometimes during the up-travel, the drivers side decides to change direction and go down. So I have to let go of the button and pull up again.

Time for the haynes manual!
Thats the switch. Have changed loads for that problem.
Exact same on the Citroen C4.

J

·
0 Posts
Cheers David. Should I just change it? Without sounding stupid, are there any "improved" switches or other types I can use that will be reliable?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jazz....Seeing as how you're from Durham you shouldn't change it unless you're buying brand new.
Leave the scrapyards to me.

J

·
0 Posts
As well as comandeered your thread, I've phoned up and reserved all window switches for a peugeot 307.

Sorry Ken, just had to :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts