Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at my driver's seat on the new car and I've been able to fix the back panel of the seat by sewing it back into place. The section I'm asking about is the side of the seat facing the door, where the plastic airbag cover is. The area around this plastic section has become worn from the look of it, of someone catching the edge of the seat as they have gotten into the car. It is badly worn, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a fix or whether I should try putting a piece of cardboard on the inside of the seat, tighten up the fabic and give it shape again, before gluing it to the piece of cardboard?

Plus, the passenger release catch for moving the seat forward to allow someone to get into the back of the car is sticking, and sometimes the drivers seat. Is there any way of fixing this, or is this gonna work itself out?

Any help will be great. If anyone wants a picture and I can go and take one. :thumb:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Short of replacing the seat I couldn't really comment on what you'd need to do to bulk it up a bit!

As for the runners and catch, mine was squeaking and was a bit tight, some Lithium Grease solved that for me, it's a couple of pounds from somewhere like toolstation.

Phil

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking, but all there seems to be on ebay is passenger or back seats, or they don't match my upholstery.

Where would I put the grease? Does it mean trying to get under the seat or summit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts