Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased a 2019 Allure. Manuel adjustment for seat. I am finding the seat uncomfortable as i can feel the bar across the middle of the seat section when I sit. I’m 90 kg (around 200 pounds) so not overly heavy for a man.
Has anybody else had this, if so is there anything I can adjust ?

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Original seats are for tall people pain in the arse. I did not noticed it until i started to drive longer distances, when I sit there for approx 2 h or more. I got neck pain, backpain, everything is "too far" - the armrest on door trim, too low, as well as the arm rest in middle tunnel.

My solution? Got electrically adjustable seats from 508 and this weekend i have installed it :D
It took a month to do the preparations, wiring loom adjustment according the wiring in 3008 seat (just moving pins in seat connector), making an adapter for heated seat control unit (508 had potentiometer to adjust intensity, 3008 is controlle via LIN). In order to keep 3008 seat "untouched" and ready to put back when we will sell the car, i had to order safetybelt pretensioners and install them outside the seat (as on 3008 seat the pretensioners are part of the seat), make new wiring for them. I used anchor point already there next to B pillar and guided the clip via rear carpet.
In 3008 front seat, there is also position sensor, long time i did not understand, how it works, thanks to oscilloscope i realised, what is going on (what airbag control unit does) and thanks to multimeter with min max function i have realised, what the sensor does. Basically it has got two zones which the sensor indicatesd to airbag control unit. Solved as well on 508 seat.

SED_FINAL_19.jpg

I am very satisfied.
More adjustment possible.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yep, all airbags and pretensioners are fine :)

SED_FINAL_04.jpg

Little insight, what the botom of passenfers seat looks like (notice the wiring diagram paper i have put there to remind me, how i installed it, there is also wiring diagram of body wiring i have to lay to power the adjustment motors):

SED_FINAL_17.jpg

New adapter wiring loom for heated seats:

508_kabelaz_01.jpg

Comparism of both:

20200911_1809422.jpg

The backrest is thiner, so there is more space for rear passengers:

SED_FINAL_01.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Guess I was lucky - I'm a fair bit heavier than 200 lbs and I find the seat pretty comfy. I've never noticed a "bar" in the seat structure.

Perhaps it's because I didn't let Manuel do the adjustment!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts