Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where abouts I can get the bracket that attaches the armrest to the actual seat.

I've searched lots of different websites but I can't for the life of me actually find anywhere that sells the bracket itself :(

Took my car into the garage yesterday to have the thermostat housing replaced and came away with no armrest on the drivers seat :eek: !! Its clear its been forced off and broken with a screwdriver (dodgey garage!!!) I'm gobsmacked. I had to go back and demand they give my armrest back, have tried superglueing the bracket together as its that part that is broken but its just not holding.

Thanks!

Ps i've tried ebay but no luck either :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried that already, after the palarvor that went on yesterday with the garage we told them to just give us money for the part and we'd go elsewhere, so they did.
Needless to say we won't be going there again!

J

·
0 Posts
Tell me, was this garage surrounded by caravans, horses, gold jewelry and a vast amount of Henry Lloyd clothing?

My drivers side armrest is snapped off, gutted, gonna change the whole interior like anyway, but I feel your pain, my left arm feels so unsupported.:(

·
Registered
873 Posts
Jazz, can you post up some pics of both your armrests, working one and broken one. I want to see how hard it would be to put armrests on seats that never had them fitted. Your thoughts too maybe......:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Fill yer boots!

As far as I know mate you'll have to cut into the fabric, in a certain shape and just put the part in. You'd get more insight by looking at the armrest assembly mate. But, as required:

Hope it helped bud

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wonder why they where trying to force the arm rest out strange if you ask me!

same thing kinda happen to mine was at a car show and left my car doors
open so anyone could jump in demo the sound system and on the way
home i put the arm rest down and they had been broke both! :( they where
broke from the above pics not on the seat just last month in the local
scrap yard told him what happen and he give me a set free and ive noticed
that some sell on ebay for £60 :eek: may be best to buy new seats even
go down the route with part leather would be nice :thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yours are easy to fix just get to the scrap yard and talk nice to them you might get
them for free or a few pounds then all you do is push in the button in and they pull out the broken one :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
This could very well be done. Local scrapyard is more than decent, he would sell me the armrests without a problem, only thing is, he has 5 307's but done have front armrests.

Not just the armrests thats needed, its the bracket in the seats.

Cheers Jazz.....:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah I'd say if you're on good terms with the scrappy or if the seats there are already in bad condition, just hack into the seat and see how it goes in, then you can be neat on yours :thumb:

No bother mate, if you need anything else I'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i thought most 307s came with arm rests, but remember its not just 307s that have the arm rests the citroen picasso have them :thumb:

the only downside is they would be the wrong colour but if you could get them recovered in a new colour,

J

·
0 Posts
Not a bad idea, if I get some full black leather I'll try re-upholstering the armrest, try n beat daffy to it :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'd say it would be harder to re-upholster them but for the size of them I'd say it wouldnt be that expensive to get a professional to do it.

J

·
0 Posts
I'll do that as my guide!

Step 1 - Remove armrest
Step 2 - Get it done.

:lol:

Looks like it'd have to be stitched so yeah better to pay for it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts