Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my drivers side door wont open, its as if its stuck locked.

It wont open from the inside either so i have to climb over to get in and out which is quite embarrasing. I can hear the lock mechanism moving when i lock and unlock but the handle doesnt work.

Any ideas if this is a common fault and what parts im going to need to sort the issue before i rip the door card off which i dont really want to do until ive got a spare pack of plastic clips ordered to put it back on.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, my drivers side door wont open, its as if its stuck locked.

It wont open from the inside either so i have to climb over to get in and out which is quite embarrasing. I can hear the lock mechanism moving when i lock and unlock but the handle doesnt work.

Any ideas if this is a common fault and what parts im going to need to sort the issue before i rip the door card off which i dont really want to do until ive got a spare pack of plastic clips ordered to put it back on.
the rod inside may have come off or the lock mech might be faulty you could try spray some wd40 on it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I open the door to spray the wd40 though?

It won't open from inside or out and I cant check out the mechanism without taking off the door card.

Door card can't be remove without having the door open

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
How do I open the door to spray the wd40 though?

It won't open from inside or out and I cant check out the mechanism without taking off the door card.

Door card can't be remove without having the door open
you have to remove the door card wile the door is closed it can be done but is a bit tricky (I have done it my self with no damage)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
you have to remove the door card wile the door is closed it can be done but is a bit tricky (I have done it my self with no damage)
Right got the door card off

Next problem i face is that you cant remove the lock mechanism with the door shut.

All the linkages look fine so I'm guessing the actuator is stuck in a locked position.

May try the hammer treatent tomorrow. Failing that I guess I'll have to smash the lock off completely and buy a new full set.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Right got the door card off

Next problem i face is that you cant remove the lock mechanism with the door shut.

All the linkages look fine so I'm guessing the actuator is stuck in a locked position.

May try the hammer treatent tomorrow. Failing that I guess I'll have to smash the lock off completely and buy a new full set.
try spray wd40 in the lock mech and lock unlock a few times, failing that you can open them by fiddling with the lock using a screwdriver in the lock mech

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try spray wd40 in the lock mech and lock unlock a few times, failing that you can open them by fiddling with the lock using a screwdriver in the lock mech
Sorted.

Managed to get the plastic back off the mech, held on by 2 torx bolts.

Fiddled with the mechanism with a screwdriver and eventually got in.

Caked loads of wd40 on it and it seems to be working OK now, I'll give it a week or so before the door card goes back on though.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Sorted.

Managed to get the plastic back off the mech, held on by 2 torx bolts.

Fiddled with the mechanism with a screwdriver and eventually got in.

Caked loads of wd40 on it and it seems to be working OK now, I'll give it a week or so before the door card goes back on though.
im glad you have sorted it I have done a few of these

1 - 8 of 8 Posts