Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friendly forum. I am a complete newbie here.

My wife's 207 has a problem.

I opened the drivers door today and heard a clink like a piece of metal falling.

Now the door won't close - meets resistance about 9inche's from closed.

I reckon it's a trim off job but can anyone please point me in the direction of what I need to look for after that?

It's a 5 door 07 model but only done 30k miles so not exactly worn out I'd have thought.

Thanks for any help. I searched this forum without success.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Oxter and welcome.
On the drivers door there is what looks like an oil can shape on the hinge,if you look underneath that there are 3 holes(I think)Get some WD40 or similar and spray into these holes and gently move door back and forth till free.Hope this works for you.:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Shep for the quick reply. I have done as you suggest. It's below the top hinge, and worked it back and fore but the same resistance is there and I certainly won't force it beyond that point.
Is that a door check mechanism?

Is it accessible to open up?

I might have to remove the door trim to see what's what.

I can report back on the solution assuming I find it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It looks like I need a new top hinge including the built in check mechanism.
Going to look around.
Edit . £15 plus vat from local breaker. Not too bad I guess.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Oxter and welcome to the forum from me too....:thumb:

Failing all else you could always remove the door completely ~ after all its only the wife's car...:laughatl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Barrowman. Does she need a car at all?
I tapped the bottom of the "can" below the hinge and sure enough there's a loose bit of of metal jumping about so I have just collected a replacement from the breaker.
£15 plus vat was not too bad. Will clean and lube it before fitting and fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Done. You need to support the leading edge of the door (upturned bucket with plank on top) then, loosen the 3 bolts with a 13mm spanner and manipulate the door to allow the hinge to be removed.
Get the replacement hinge semi open and squeeze it into place, getting the sticking out dome into the door first. Then line up the hinge to the bolt holes and thread them up. The furthest in bolt on the door frame side is a bit of a struggle but patience and perseverance prevails. Good luck. Having fingers like a teenage Japanese girl would be an advantage.

Edit. No need to remove trim by the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts