Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a little information.

Last week I happened to notice my door seal had finally worn through, not a problem I thought, nipped to my local breakers Upullit. Its a large facility that charges you a pound to enter but their pricelist is much cheaper than pretty much anywhere else.

Tried every 307 and each drivers door seal had suffered the same fate. Eventually I found one that wasn't as bad as mine - thought it would last for now at least and for a measly couple of quid it was mine.

After I fitted it I thought I'd look for a cheap new one which I found....... then I felt really stupid. Drivers & passenger seals are the same part numbers. While looking round the yard it had never occured to me to check the passenger seals which are inevitably in much better condition!

Would have saved me a few quid, so may do the same for someone else.

·
11,706 Posts
I imagine the "hole" is the same size on both sides, but are they pre-shaped or does the shape of the door frame force that?

I must admit that in the past I've bought a second hand door seal, and cleaned and softened it up in a bath of warm water to remove any "shape", but that was an identical part (rear nearside door).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I imagine the "hole" is the same size on both sides, but are they pre-shaped or does the shape of the door frame force that?

I must admit that in the past I've bought a second hand door seal, and cleaned and softened it up in a bath of warm water to remove any "shape", but that was an identical part (rear nearside door).

I checked on service box and it is the same part number R&L for the aperture seal (not the rubber strip along the sill. My new one is a genuine NOS part and I can confirm they are not pre-shaped, it is the years of being in place that does that.

Just thought as most 307's are now of the age where the drivers door seal will be showing signs wear it is worth knowing you may have better luck finding a passenger side (typically subject to less wear) and using Gibbo's bath trick to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts