Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes get a message on the dash display that the Drivers Door is Open when it is properly closed. The central locking sometimes won't work unless I open and close the door again. It would seem there is a problem with the door switch but I can't find it. There is usually a little button you can see when you open the door but there is none on my van. So where is the Switch that controls this?

Thanks David

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The switch is likely to be inside the lock mechanism. Other than taking the lock mechanism apart and replacing the switch which if it's anything like on a Renault Laguna isn't easy then it would be a replacement mech.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to know its something handy!! What was wrong with the little switch on the door pillar, simple cheap and easy to get at.
Definition of progress ---- Making simple things complicated (and expensive)

G

·
0 Posts
I also think the connection is the main big plug that plugs into the door mech.

Is it easy to get to this mech by removing the door card and using contact cleaner on the connector?

I've changed said mech on a 406 and it was quite straightforward :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Rossi, my 206 had a problem flashing the door was open all the time. I never did get round to fixing it, I kept a can of WD-40 in the boot and sprayed it in to the door latch. That normally stopped it for around a week. Rinse and repeat. Be sure to give it a wipe out every now and then but it was a lazy solution.

I don't know if in its age the door was mis-aligned properly or something was a bit loose that the spray made connect again, perhaps some more permanant conductive grease slathered in it would of been better. Give it a go. :)

I probably spent more in WD-40 than a new door catch but hey.. :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK decided to have a look and see if I could fix it or at least get the part number. Got the door card off and took out the 2 screws that hold the lock on but I could not see how to disconnect the cable to the outside door handle so i couldn't get the lock out to see how it works. I put it back together and tried the WD40 as suggested by xadz and it worked!! It seems that freeing up the mechanism has allowed just a little more movement in the lock, enough to make sure the switch works. It seems my problem may just be good old fashioned wear and tear but for now its working properly so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK decided to have a look and see if I could fix it or at least get the part number. Got the door card off and took out the 2 screws that hold the lock on but I could not see how to disconnect the cable to the outside door handle so i couldn't get the lock out to see how it works. I put it back together and tried the WD40 as suggested by xadz and it worked!! It seems that freeing up the mechanism has allowed just a little more movement in the lock, enough to make sure the switch works. It seems my problem may just be good old fashioned wear and tear but for now its working properly so fingers crossed.
Glad that worked for you Rossi, keep the can handy until you find a permanant fix!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next time I'll use proper oil. WD40 is OK for freeing things up but there is no long term lubrication. Just a little worried the oil might get into the switch and stuff it up altogether.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like my expert has the same common problem. Its doing my nut in lol.
Dash warning light says the door is open when its clearly not.
Cenral locking won't work either and interior light stays on! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts