Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
got problem with drivers door when i unlock and get in the car soon as i close the door it locks the doors.
This also happens when i get out of the car and close the door.

What i have noticed is that when i unlock the car with the remote the indicators flash as they should, then when i open the drivers door they flash again.

Has anyone had the same problem and does anyone have any ideas to what it could be.

cheers carl

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi all
got problem with drivers door when i unlock and get in the car soon as i close the door it locks the doors.
This also happens when i get out of the car and close the door.

What i have noticed is that when i unlock the car with the remote the indicators flash as they should, then when i open the drivers door they flash again.

Has anyone had the same problem and does anyone have any ideas to what it could be.

cheers carl
Yes I had this common problem and the way to solve it is to replace your central locking mechanisum/door lock, simple enough job, about £30 on ebay for another lock but mack sure you get the right one:thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I had this common problem and the way to solve it is to replace your central locking mechanisum/door lock, simple enough job, about £30 on ebay for another lock but mack sure you get the right one:thumb:
thanks for the reply did your indicators flash rapid when you got in car then closed the door before it locked ?

How do i find the right one i need ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
thanks for the reply did your indicators flash rapid when you got in car then closed the door before it locked ?

How do i find the right one i need ?
Yes my indicators flashed, it is as though you are trying to lock the car but the door is still open, also note what your interior light is doing as the switch is also built into the lock mechanisum

If buying a second hand one then it is best to remove the one you have and have a good look at it as I think there are a couple of types or you can message me your chassis number and I will look up what the part number is for your vehicle, either way to fix it you need another one:nod:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes my indicators flashed, it is as though you are trying to lock the car but the door is still open, also note what your interior light is doing as the switch is also built into the lock mechanisum

If buying a second hand one then it is best to remove the one you have and have a good look at it as I think there are a couple of types or you can message me your chassis number and I will look up what the part number is for your vehicle, either way to fix it you need another one:nod:
thank you for your comments

carl :thumb::lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts