Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLVED: Drivers door barrel popped out HELP!

The barrel was a bit loose but never came out, this morning was heavy frost anyway was driving and when i locked my door the barrel popped out but not all the way its caught by something but it still opens/locks my car!
Please help its like a clip broke? i push it in but if i lightly pull it back it comes back out with ease but catches at the end. Afraid someone might see and attempt robbery!

Fixed!
Adjuster screw fell out some how, got new screw and bayum its fixed:) The adjuster screw is when you open the door its where the lock for locking the door is (pull handle it opens door, push it shut it catches on that metal hinge thing -> Thats where your looking (Not at the car frame part but on the door))

·
Registered
241 Posts
The barrel was a bit loose but never came out, this morning was heavy frost anyway was driving and when i locked my door the barrel popped out but not all the way its caught by something but it still opens/locks my car!
Please help its like a clip broke? i push it in but if i lightly pull it back it comes back out with ease but catches at the end. Afraid someone might see and attempt robbery!
take the inside door card off and look for the clip it'll probably be in the bottom of the door...and refit if possible,if its too loose perhaps a new one(clip) from peugeot

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
take the inside door card off and look for the clip it'll probably be in the bottom of the door...and refit if possible,if its too loose perhaps a new one(clip) from peugeot
How much is this clip? Would it have broke or come loose? Thanks!

P.s: Is there any tutorials on taking the door panel off?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You just get a plastic tool that has a forked end (try Halfords or plenty on EBay). First unscrew any screws (door pull, etc and round the edges) and pop out the door release surround. Then work around the edges of the card with the tool, and when you feel a fastener, get the fork either side of it and lever it out.

When it's all loose, lift the card so that the top disengages from the metal door frame.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my barrel popped out fully into my hand it has a round circle like a ball on the end of it, popped out when car is unlocked. I will try pop the side off this weekend, for now i will drive without. Thanks!
If in need of more assistance i will let yous know, much appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed! Turned out the adjuster nut (on the side of when you open the door) fell out and i had to get a new screw. Simple fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts