Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I tried to be a bit clever (never pays off!). My 307SW has the usual peeling steering wheel that Peugeot love to fit. This eventually got me enough that I reached for eBay and routed around for some options. I was more worried about whether it would physically fit, didn’t think much about the airbag.

Anyway, wheel fitted. But the airbag wants more stuff plugged in that I have cables for. My 307 (07 1.6 HDI) has a single airbag ribbon with yellow connector. The 206 airbag has the yellow plug on one side, and a blue on the other.

Looking at the used bits available on eBay it looks as though some 307s also have the two ribbon type.

So to the questions:
- Am I wasting my time and should admit defeat?
- Is this simply a ribbon cable difference? Eg, if I go source the right ribbon, it can be plugged in (replace the old one) and all will be great?
- Would I need to replace more than just the ribbon cable assembly?

I only wanted a prettier sterling wheel!:nod:

Cheers!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have replaced the steering wheel of my 307cc with the one from the RCZ with the airbag from a 308. Here's what I've learnt:

youtu.be/EfIhozmAcls?t=5m20s
From 2006+, the 307 airbag has a single blue connector and the grey horn connector. Just like the 308 and RCZ. So a replacement should be plug & play.

youtu.be/f1XHuNf5ZAI?t=1m40s
Until 2005, the 307 airbag has 2 connectors (green and blue) plus the one for the horn (grey). I've heard of people who fitted a RCZ/308 airbag with the single blue connector and messed up with Lexia/PeugeotPlanet to disable the warning message about the secondary circuit (green) not being functional.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts