Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to replace the driveshaft on the drivers side. Could someone let me know the correct length as the SKF one I got doesnt fit!! it is 961mm. I've found them in all lengths anywhere from 950 through to 995mm

Peugeot 407 1.6hdi Nov 2004

Thanks

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
I just had a look with 1 of my clio reg numbers and i KNOW there are only 2 types of shaft that fit it due to joint differences and the SKF site gives me 12 options i need to sift through !

No matter what i do i cannot narrow it down to the 2 i know are correct :)

I cannot see it being much different for a peugeot measure up and order based on your original like i said they just lump them all together

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've spoken to a mechanic here and apparently Peugeot are known for this as they can fit different size gearbox housing? Can anyone confirm that?

Robbie

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what im telling you NOBODY knows for sure what combination is on your car thats why im saying measure the original.
Sorry still cant get my head round why a single OE part number would come in different lengths. In sensible land if there were different drive shafts there should be different part numbers

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reliable 406, I introduced the bearing housing to my hammer, the driveshaft came straight out. Many thanks for your help, Sterion75.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts