Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Tonight Ive noticed that it feels like my nearside drive shaft might possibly be loose/worn. Im not sure. Ive experienced one loose driveshaft before on a previous vehicle and this is starting to sound/feel like it...

Before, on rough roads, there was quite a knock from the front end, sounded like the nearside. I thought perhaps it was the suspension, but any way in which ive tried to establish this, it doesnt appear to be. Now, when I accelerate in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... I can feel a "knock" like the wheel is loose (which it isnt, I have checked).

Is a driveshaft on the 307's a common area for failure? Also, the car steers to the left wether or not braking or accelerating. I had the wheels tracked and adjusted, swapped the wheels from front to back and not long ago had a replacement steering rack (which was not required and didnt fix the problem anyway). Could this be related to a bad driveshaf??

Any help is most appreciated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

No.. i dont think so.. can i check this myself? Ive got new ball joints, but dont know if thats relevant or not :S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts