Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to change the clutch on my Pug 2.2HDI, took a week but rain stopped play. But having trouble getting the o/s driveshaft back in. Can get the center bearing back in flush to the outside, but looks like it has to go another 5-10mm, how do you do it. Also any tips on bleeding the clutch, getting nowhere with it at moment.

Thanks

·
5,997 Posts
Doing up the pinch bolts on the centre bearing should pull it into correct position. I normally push the slave cylinder piston fully back into cylinder with a small piece of wood or similar to remove air from cylinder when bleeding as the position of nipple allows air to stay trapped in cylinder

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Took me 3 weeks so as far as I am concerned you are a master technician.
I used the car's wheelbrace hook to engage the release bearing into the clutch cover.
Despite a new slave cylinder I could not get all the air out until I used an Ezibleed pressure feed onto the reservoir, I think the problem arises because the clutch master cylinder is past its best.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
As said the bearing pulls in when the clamp bolts are tightened.

Clutch bleeding depends on how you removed the cylinder if you removed it correctly then it wont need bled just push the pushrod into cylinder and let it come out a few times then refit to gearbox.

Main issue people have is resetting the pivot arm as this needs locked into release bearing first as its a pull type clutch so if you dont do that the clutch wont work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bearing back in, bit of grease helped. I used my finger over the bleed nipple to feel the pressure in the end. Thanks for the advice.

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts