Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gates belt on at the moment, is there a particular brand of belt that might work better, ie less prone to slipping.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Gates make the original belts probably !

If its slipping and its tight enough then there is something else causing it 106 could have a manual tensioner or spring loaded you dont say what age or even what engine so hard to help more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gates make the original belts probably !

If its slipping and its tight enough then there is something else causing it 106 could have a manual tensioner or spring loaded you dont say what age or even what engine so hard to help more.
2000 reg 1124cc TU1M XN Zest. The tensioner is manual, 10mm nut. I have done it up to leave about 5mm of play in the belt, according to the manual, but it still slips.

·
5,997 Posts
How old is the belt they do wear on the shoulders and then the belt bottoms out in the v of the pulley and then does not grip fully

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How old is the belt they do wear on the shoulders and then the belt bottoms out in the v of the pulley and then does not grip fully

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Fairly new belt, a few months old is all. It tends to slip more in wet weather. To me it looks the belt is a bit on the thin side, but I am assured it is the correct one for the 106.

I will try tensioning it a bit more to see if it improves.

Thanks anyway. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts