Peugeot Forums banner

Drive belt in 2005 307 sw 2.0 petrol

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  windy1603 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I've got a 2005 307 sw 2 litre petrol that uses a 6PK998 drive belt/v belt/serpentine belt. Now, I'm trying to replace this component but can't find any information at all about this engine and belt combination or the method to replace. Prior to this unusual hiccup I was fairly certain it was the EW10J4 but now I don't even know that! My car has AC and power steering but it seems my belt only touches the alternator, drive shaft and ac compressor... Anyone able to advise on that?

#3 ·
If you need a new belt give your reg to your preferred car component company and they will supply the correct part. If you want to know what engine is in your car then post your VIN code and we can tell you. The method for replacement is remember the route your belt takes put a15mm ring spanner on the tensioner nut, use another spanner on that spanner for leverage, push the spanner towards the drivers side door, use a small Allen key and pop it through the aligned holes in the tensioner this will hold the tension whilst old belt is removed and new one replaced, push the spanner back towards the drivers side door remove the Allen key and allow tensioner to absorb slack, goes without saying that car will need to be safely jacked up wheel and arch liner removed. Your part can be ordered online and delivered to your door.

#4 ·
The power steering is most likely electric. If that number belt is on the car then that is the one you need plus or minus a few mill the 6PK is belt type and number is length in millimetres

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I see thanks very much for your responses. I’m assuming tension can only be released from under the car on the 2 litre petrol. It seems the very helpful YouTube video I watched must’ve been the 1.6 with a fair bit of extra space down the sides of the engine. Thanks for your help especially the Allen key tip :)

#8 ·
I did my 2.0 hdi from above a couple of times. You just need a good flatish 15mm spanner

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.