Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for all new owners , on my Nissan Q i have the setting that after a few squirts on the windscreen and the wipers go for say 3 wipes , then a few seconds after this the wipers go once more taking away any drips or access water on the windscreen , question , does the 3008 have this feature ??

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think it does, I tried the squirters during my test drive as I wanted to see the new on the stalk style nozzles. I tend to call it a courtesy wipe :D My DS5 does this and it's based on the old 3008 platform and it seems a fairly standard thing these days, that and the rear wiper going when you put it into reverse.

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Slightly off topic but relevant to wipers, did I read the manual correctly saying you have to push down the stalk every time you start your engine to activate the auto wiper mode.

Surely it should be like the auto lights and come on after 'you set it up' when you initially get the car?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Slightly off topic but relevant to wipers, did I read the manual correctly saying you have to push down the stalk every time you start your engine to activate the auto wiper mode.
I think you are correct but that is as it should be IMHO - just think what would happen if your wipers are frozen to the screen and it tries to auto wipe.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That's one of dislikes, having to remember to switch the auto wipe on. My Focus was always primed so didn't have to think about it. The on the wiper nozzles are great and a big inprovement on the squirty nozzles on the bonnet

Changing the subject slightly, one of my other dislikes is the fact the heated seats don't revert to off when the ignition is switched off. Doesn't make sense to me, Peugeot have got the wiper and heated seat switching mixed up perhaps.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's one of dislikes, having to remember to switch the auto wipe on. My Focus was always primed so didn't have to think about it. The on the wiper nozzles are great and a big inprovement on the squirty nozzles on the bonnet

Changing the subject slightly, one of my other dislikes is the fact the heated seats don't revert to off when the ignition is switched off. Doesn't make sense to me, Peugeot have got the wiper and heated seat switching mixed up perhaps.
I prefer them off by default :) I'd be really annoyed if a bug splatted my screen and the wipers then tried to clear it, that usually just ends up with a mess. I also have my heated seats left on number 2 all the time and rarely turn them off except in the height of summer lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think it does, I tried the squirters during my test drive as I wanted to see the new on the stalk style nozzles. I tend to call it a courtesy wipe :D My DS5 does this and it's based on the old 3008 platform and it seems a fairly standard thing these days, that and the rear wiper going when you put it into reverse.
My rear wiper does not go on in reverse either.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The rear wipe in reverse is a setting on/off in the vehicle settings menu. Mine do not do a courtesy wipe once the screen has been washed, as soon as you release the squirt stops then they sweep about 3 times then stop. Do the headlights have a wash function, there appears to be a little square located by the headlights ??

·
Registered
544 Posts

Surely it should be like the auto lights and come on after 'you set it up' when you initially get the car?
Omg I didn't realise this as I've had no need to use the wipers since I picked mine up (apart from the 2 occasions when my screen got so dusty that I needed to use the washers). Very odd but I can see why you have to do it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A quick flick of the wiper wand towards me does all I need to get rid of a dribble OR an 'on demand' flick wipe for the situation of an accumulation of mizzle.
No programme can deal with all circumstances AFAIC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.