Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have a 407 hdi 2006 saloon, it has the dual zone heater malarky ive noticed that its started blowing cold ive removed the stereo and the digital display and also the vents that blow up onto the widscreen to expose a view of the flaps. the shaft is snapped but both parts are still in situeim a carpet fitter by trade and im thinking about using some very strong adhesive that we use to stick gripper rods to concrete floors (very very strong) it sets like stone when it goes off after a few hours. im hoping/thinking this may work but i guess my question is ........ how can i stop the top flaps from closing when i turn off the ignition?????? i would be greatly endebted to anyone who can help me with this rather rediculous problem.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hiya, had the horrible flap problem myself so share your pain. I think the only way to stop the top flaps from reverting is to disconnect power to the motors with ignition still on (I may be wrong). Are you trying this repair 'keyhole' down the vents?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya, had the horrible flap problem myself so share your pain. I think the only way to stop the top flaps from reverting is to disconnect power to the motors with ignition still on (I may be wrong). Are you trying this repair 'keyhole' down the vents?
hi thanks for your reply, im going to turn the temp to full heat which exposes the break, then im going to put a glob of glue to the area then turn it to cold to close the break and try st spread some more around it with some kinda tool ill make :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the glue has fixed the problem and I now have hot and cold air , no need for dash out and no drastic cutting only took 10 mins and cost me about £7 for the tube of glue if anyone wants any let me know👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I have the smae problem with my 407.

Can you please let me know how you carried out this task. Step by step procedure to get access to Heater flap and also the glue you used.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glue

Mickey, have the same problem and would like to try your fix, where can I get the glue?
Don't want a second winter with cold air for my journey to work.

Cheers mate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cracks in heater flap shaft

Hi mickyb12309,

the name of that glue is going to be in BIG demand mate, please let us know as soon as you can,

Thanks

Father T

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cracks in heater flap shaft

Hi there,

I have made 3 posts re-heater flaps, log on, go to quick links click on posts, on page 2 you will find a "Sticky" by Karl68s heater flap repair, please read last page (25) I am going to buy some adhesive "JB weld 24hr steel reinforced epoxy" as used and recommended by Captain Jack and attempt to repair the cracks in my heater flap shaft over the next couple of days, will post photos of the outcome.

Hope the photos help :thumb:

Father T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts