Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, what a first post, just bought a 307 1.6 Hdi Sw today, and then got the dreaded warning on the drive home?!
Have done a search and it looks like i've got a little work/diagnostics to do?
Just wondering where to start as I have bought it from a garage with 3 month full warranty and was wondering whether this will be covered?
It has been stood up for about 10 days, dont know if thatll make any difference?
So where to start? im guessing if there is someone with a Peugeot Planet near to Salisbury, Wiltshire would be handy?
It happened after about 10 minuted driving over 71mph? Fap fluid is it? low fluid level?
Ive had a dozen Peugeots and I hope this one doesnt tarnish my opinion of them!?
Any help would be really appreciated.... Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
It could be anything that term in peugeots dictionary covers nearly all engine faults.

I'd take it back and tell them to fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a warranty not direct from them but through another company. When you look through the 5hitty terms and what it actaully covers, it doesnt cover diagnosis and service parts. It does cover parts and labour so if its a fuel pump then its not so bad. But im sort of hoping it might just need the fluid topping up or something equally as small as the MAF or something but probably isnt bloody covered/
So Im guessing the first thing to do is get the fault codes?
In the meantime Im guessing its ok to drive, Its not lost a huge amount of power at the minute? I think?
I might try some fuel cleaner first as its the cheapest option?
What do you think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Trading standards..... Thats it! I knew there was something somewhere?!

Used motor vehicles - consumer rights - Trading Standards Institute

I think I'll be emailing them shortly then....?!

If its an easy fix I'll try and sort it myself, but if not I'll have to email them,
Cheers Chris, suppose thats one avenue
just go back to the place you got it and tell them if they dont fix it you will be going to trading standards
thats normally enough to get them to fix it
Don

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rang the garage first thing this morning, he seemed to be quite familar with the dpf system and the emission side of it and said drop it off at his garage and they'll hopefully sort it.
Hopefully he'll SORT it and not just clear the faults and wait for it to happen again. He did say it might need some more additive topping up.
I'll speak to the garage when I drop it off and try and get the fault codes and see what sorts it?
It did seem to smell a bit exhaust fumish in the cabin on the way to work this morning? Could this be linked?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rang the garage first thing this morning, he seemed to be quite familar with the dpf system and the emission side of it and said drop it off at his garage and they'll hopefully sort it.
Hopefully he'll SORT it and not just clear the faults and wait for it to happen again. He did say it might need some more additive topping up.
I'll speak to the garage when I drop it off and try and get the fault codes and see what sorts it?
It did seem to smell a bit exhaust fumish in the cabin on the way to work this morning? Could this be linked?
It could be linked if the exhaust is blowing upstream of the dpf :nod:

Just out of interest what year and engine size is the car ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I phoned the car sales garage who sold me the car did say they have 3 attempts to fix the car by law. So I have taken it to their garage, which doesnt fill me with the greatest of confidence!

Its an 05 307 1.6 Hdi 110 with 73k. so im guessing its due some eolys (sp?) fluid? and the dpf filter cleaning maybe?
It does have a full stamped Peugeot history from Charters in reading with the last service in Oct? I would of thought the Peugeot stealer would of covered that in the last service?

Anyways im hoping the least this garage will do will fill the fluid up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It could be linked if the exhaust is blowing upstream of the dpf :nod:
I did read another thread of an 807 maybe where it was a leak from an injector that sorted the cabin smell?
Could that of brought the depollution warning to come on? I did suggest that to the garage but he just looked at me as if I was stoopid!?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right then, Apparently the fault codes were read and the following actions were taken; A sensor was replaced, the MAF was electrically chesked and sorted? and something about a cap giving a reading has been looked at?
I rang them this morning and asked them to look at the DPF fluid and they eventually got back to me and said it was low so it'll be topped up tomorrow as well now. All at the cost of the garage that sold me the car.
All I need them to do now is change the dual mass fly wheel and the timing belt and itll be a really good car?!??!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*update*
Topped the fluid up thursday, test drove it and still not right?
Got a call Friday and they said they have to send the ECU to Peugeot to see if its that?!
Went back to the garage and got my money back?!
Any one got an a4 tdi for sale?

·
Registered
36 Posts
*update*
Topped the fluid up thursday, test drove it and still not right?
Got a call Friday and they said they have to send the ECU to Peugeot to see if its that?!
Went back to the garage and got my money back?!
Any one got an a4 tdi for sale?
Result :thumb:
Be wary with 2004 onward a4's , They suffer with electrical gremlins and the higher the spec the more the gremlins !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Chris, cheers for the heads up, I am looking about 2002-2004, 1.9tdi's Anything specific about the 04 ones?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts