Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again

i was just wondering what would be the best /quickest way to drain the fuel tank,
when i bought the car it had half a tank of red diesel in it so obviously i want to drain it out and clean the fuel pipes

its a 206 1.4 hdi 53/04

many thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
pugsley said:
hi again

i was just wondering what would be the best /quickest way to drain the fuel tank,
when i bought the car it had half a tank of red diesel in it so obviously i want to drain it out and clean the fuel pipes

its a 206 1.4 hdi 53/04

many thanks
For the hassle involved, I would probably just take it to a quiet trading estate and run it out. It won't damage the engine, it'll just get you in trouble with PC plod. It would be quite a bit of work to drain it as if you accidently put petrol in. Although even that isn't that bad for diesels IIRC

·
Registered
41 Posts
pugsley said:
hi again

its a 206 1.4 hdi 53/04

many thanks
I'd be taking the chance, drive as much out as I could (as far into the low fuel warning would allow) then refill with normal derv and keeping ALL reciepts in case customs stopped me.

The red marker dye will be in the system for months even if you drain it out and change the filters, as the inside of the fuel lines willbe stained! The last time I drained a car of red gave so much hassle, and too much time to do it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts