Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I wondering if someone could help with a problem i have with my 52 plate 307 2.0hdi 110bhp model
The problem is that the battery keeps draining,i have fitted a brand new alternator and had 2 different batteries on it, i have had a check done at my local parts shop and he said the alternater and batterys are fine.
I fully charged the battery and fitted it and within 6 hours it was flat,i have disconnected the radio incase it was that also left the car unlocked incase the alarm was at fault.
All i can think of is its going down to earth somewhere has any one experienced similar problems or any suggestions i can try.many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bobbyb said:
Hi
I wondering if someone could help with a problem i have with my 52 plate 307 2.0hdi 110bhp model
The problem is that the battery keeps draining,i have fitted a brand new alternator and had 2 different batteries on it, i have had a check done at my local parts shop and he said the alternater and batterys are fine.
I fully charged the battery and fitted it and within 6 hours it was flat,i have disconnected the radio incase it was that also left the car unlocked incase the alarm was at fault.
All i can think of is its going down to earth somewhere has any one experienced similar problems or any suggestions i can try.many thanks in advance
are you using the correct battery on it.. I have a few cases where customer fitted after market battery with difference in volts which causes the temperature to rise during charge and cause the drain...

G

·
Failing starter motors and boot interior lights that don't shut off properly are common favourites. You really need to get a meter on the battery and systematically disconnect items in turn to track it down.

·
Registered
196 Posts
acording to auto data its a common problem.this is what it says.

PROBLEM
engine malfunction indicator lam (mil) illuminated
trouble code stored in engine ecm fault memory P1641
battery discharges

CAUSE
enginr coolant travelling by capillary action into enginr ecm wiring harness from yellow 2-pin engine coolant temp ect awithch connector
ecm failure due to water ingress

remedy
dummy connector part no PR6995CP
ENGINE WIRING HARNESS
ECM

FIT NEW ENGINE WIRING HARNESS
Disconect yellow 2-pin ect switch connector. insulate using dummy connector
fit new ecm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.