Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anybody help me,i need to drain the rad on my 19998 306 and put in anti freeze and distilled water,i have located the drain plug,can anybody tell me how it is supposed to open and drain radiator,i dont really want to take off bottom hose as i dont feel confident enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drain 306 radiator,what other ways are there to drain ra

hi,what other ways are there to drasin rad,apart from the bottom hose as it looks very awkard to get in there,what about one of the top hoses but which one,you say the drain plug unscrews it seems very stiff to me,what i dont want to do is force it then break it,

·
Registered
877 Posts
hi,what other ways are there to drasin rad,apart from the bottom hose as it looks very awkard to get in there,what about one of the top hoses but which one,you say the drain plug unscrews it seems very stiff to me,what i dont want to do is force it then break it,
Its just a simple plastic twist plug,( no 5 ) if you think it will break leave it alone. The bottom radiator hose is a ridiculous cerclip idea,don`t even think of trying to remove it.
All you can do is remove some of the hoses in the engine bay and drain as much coolant as you can. Remember after filling with fresh coolant you will have to bleed, one on the bulk head by the heater pipes, one on the thermostat housing and one (if its got one?) on the top of the radiator by the hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

hi,i see a bleed screw on the heater pipes,cannot see any other bleed screw,i will remove one of the top hoses and drain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

where is the thermostat bleed screw?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts