Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have been reading on the net about removing (Drilling out) the DPF but im unsure which is the DPF as mine has a cat too, the instructions i have seen are not clear.

Does any one have any clear details on what needs doing etc?

My Car is Peugeot 2ltr hdi 110bhp

Many thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you can supply you vin we could provide an exploded view of the cat/dpf, which should make it nice and clear. But for now follow the exhaust from the turbo and the cat is first inline followed by the dpf.

·
5,669 Posts
You CAT & DPF are a combined unit under the car. There are two types

One is of a split design and in two halves with 4 bolts joint the two sections together. The rear larger section contains the DPF which you need to remove, the smaller front section holds the CAT which you can remove if you want.

The other design is a welded combined unit which really needs to be cut open gutted and then re welded, I have heard of some people smashing/drilling it out without cutting it open but it appears to be very difficult access from what I have seen

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is a split design and went the whole hog and removed both the cat and DPF so it is all hollow now ( I looked into this a lot on here and other sites as research first). I removed the DPF from the ECU and then had a tuned remap done so now it's around 145BHP, so up from the standard 110. No smoke and it pulls well from low down, turbo spools up at around 1500rpm, may be a little lower.
For me it transformed the car, MPG a little better also if the figures are correct.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Vin

If you can supply you vin we could provide an exploded view of the cat/dpf, which should make it nice and clear. But for now follow the exhaust from the turbo and the cat is first inline followed by the dpf.
Many thanks for the reply, you can see the confusion because the next post says that its a combined unit, so gets confusing.

Any way my Vin is VF33CRHSB82326524 and i look forward to hearing from you

Regards
:thumb:

·
5,669 Posts
That VIN shows up as fitted with the combined unit not the split one (this is not 100% as may have been swapped in the past for a filter change)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Confused

I still dont know which part i need to hollow out, some people say its number 1 and others have told me number 2 on the enclosed picture.

Help please which part is the cat and which is the DPF??????:eek:

Thanks guys

·
Registered
647 Posts
The cat will always be first as the exhaust gases leave the engine as is requires higher ongoing operating temperatures than the dpf. Smash the cat out and you will probably fail an MOT smoke test!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys

Cheers chaps for the replies.

To add more confusion to the scenario, i went into a exhaust place today and they have told me that mine is a combined cat/dpf

So will i be ok to hollow it out still?

G

·
0 Posts
I did on my, ahem 'old' 406 (cough cough) and it was fine, although on that 406 the Cat and DPF were in one long cylinder but divided by a large washer.

I have, I mean 'had' no problems with it over the last few years regarding MOTs.

If your are separate, maybe stick with just doing the DPF.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Cheers chaps for the replies.

To add more confusion to the scenario, i went into a exhaust place today and they have told me that mine is a combined cat/dpf

So will i be ok to hollow it out still?

yeah you will be grand, I seen one with the cat and the combined system that was getting removed for a powerflow setup the guy took the old cat and FAP/DPF and got £150 for scrap the way he saw it it would pay for half of the job getting done,:thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers

I did on my, ahem 'old' 406 (cough cough) and it was fine, although on that 406 the Cat and DPF were in one long cylinder but divided by a large washer.

I have, I mean 'had' no problems with it over the last few years regarding MOTs.

If your are separate, maybe stick with just doing the DPF.
Cheers Ginger
the part i refer to is that second box (No2) so yes its combined so will have to do what you did, i assume you just bash the centre out of it do you?

Thanks again:thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
When I had my first 406 the FAP was removed for me by a fellow 406'er using a kango, which took no time at all. When I did my second 406 I used a combination of axe/hammer/screwdriver etc as it was surprisingly tough....

Here is a picture of the inside, before removal ( you can see the soot nearly blocking the holes.. )

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol

When I had my first 406 the FAP was removed for me by a fellow 406'er using a kango, which took no time at all. When I did my second 406 I used a combination of axe/hammer/screwdriver etc as it was surprisingly tough....

Here is a picture of the inside, before removal ( you can see the soot nearly blocking the holes.. )
Thanks for the reply but the part you show i was told is not a dpf its this sort of thing that is confusing lol

Reagards
Kelvin

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, this is a FAP / DPF on a 406 ( the view is end on ) and its basically a ceramic gauze that fills the entire metal canister. It took me nearly an hour to completely remove the innards.

Maybe a 307 is slightly different, being newer, but I believe the principle is the same.

Regards,
Kelv.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers

Hi, this is a FAP / DPF on a 406 ( the view is end on ) and its basically a ceramic gauze that fills the entire metal canister. It took me nearly an hour to completely remove the innards.

Maybe a 307 is slightly different, being newer, but I believe the principle is the same.

Regards,
Kelv.
Ok Ginger many thanks its certainly a confusing issue thats for sure, i just dont want to hollow out the wrong bit thats all lol

Regards
Kelvin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts