Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 407sw (2009) diesel warns for possible risk of dfp clogging.
I added diesel partikel filter cleaning fluid to a tank of diesel but no result 馃槥

Anyting else i can do/try other than a trip to the workshop??

Thnx
Tonny

Registered
Thank you Admin for the add.

My 407 has just started showing the same warning message. The local (French) dealership have assessed it, and say that they could not do a regeneration of the DPF, and we must replace the DPF (at huge cost). I have had it looked at today at a British owned garage, who have done the regeneration, and topped up the fluid. However, they can鈥檛 reprogram the ECU to tell it the regeneration has been done, so the warning is still showing. The car is driving normally, but the Peugeot dealer warns that in time we might begin to get a loss of power and other issues. Did you get your problem sorted out?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much the same story. The garage here in Sweden refilled the fluid but could not clear the warning. They checked the emission and all is fine.
My wife has the car now for a trip to the netherlands and probably ask there a second opinion.
My obd2 interface also says all is well but truth be told, is a minimal featured tool. A co-worker offered to bring his laptop and obd inferface and have a look as well.

So, not solved, but no indication of a serious failure either an still options left to explore馃榿

Registered
You need Peugeot Planet to tell the car you have refilled the fluid and/or replaced the particle filter.

Registered
You need Peugeot Planet to tell the car you have refilled the fluid and/or replaced the particle filter.
Correct I did it,just went and set that dpf was replaced and the warning was gone, but still you should check for the state of the dpf because if its clogged turbo will blow out...(as mine did)

If you mostly drive it on highway it should be good for a while but if it is in city driving mostly then I dont think its safe to push it over 220.000km

Registered
You should get Peugeot Planet on to it to also find out what it thinks is wrong with the system. With the age of these cars, it is coming up on that time when the DPF unit will need to be replaced

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Friend of my lend me his delphi tool.
Reset a few fields, acknowledged the fluid is refueld, forced re-generation...... done馃榿

1 - 8 of 8 Posts