Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the dpf and found that it was nothing inside. Is there a cartridge or is it complete replacement job?

·
Registered
21 Posts
what you mean by there is nothing inside? Are you first owner? If not , maybe previous owner took it out.Why you took off dpf? If dpf was removed car would smoke like normal diesel.Normally there is mesh like cartridge inside, which if is not completely blocked by hard soot and ash or destroyed,could be cleaned, and prolonged life of dpf. If it was completely blocked you would get dpf warning light and notice large performance drop.

just for reference
https://www.usedecus.com/images/products//2peugeot_807,_citroen_c8,_2,2_hdi,_diesel,_2005,_catalytic_converter,_cat,_dpf_filter,_sevel,_f.ap.ac.at_8663,_fapacat,_00981887.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I see what you mean. The picture shows a filter but mine is completely missing. Someone must have knocked it out. Oddly it passed the emissions test a couple of years ago, but failed recently. Time to buy a new unit methinks.
I took the dpf off because I kept getting the MIL and limp mode and wanted to clean the catayiser.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thing is if someone took out dpf out of car, he had to delete dpf from ecu, so if you would buy new one make sure your car ecu "knows" that it has dpf filter,if it really dont have dpf anymore, i wouldn't bother to buy new one i would drive car without dpf, not having one doesn't mean that car will not pass eco test, it will produce soot which otherwise would be burnt in dpf and it will make engine "breath" as dpf is restricting flow of exhaust gasses .

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Why would they have to delete it from the ECU? Remove the filter and all the ECU sees is a very low differential pressure through the DPF, so it won't need to regenerate.
If the MOT tester becomes aware that the DPF is missing or damaged, then it's an automatic fail. If it's meant to be there, it has to be there and working now. All changed last year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look what i'v heard from people actually removed dpf, that you have to delete it from ecu, thing is that car with dpf is when cold injecting fuel even after tdc to rise temperature of exhaust gasses and dpf, beside that ecu is not measuring diff pressure only its also measuring soot and ash, error in those can cause car going into limp home mode, i heard that people used to put resistors on sensors to fool ecu in having some reading if not deleting dpf. Regarding the mot test, how are they suppose to know you are missing dpf only if you tell them, i know lot of people done this and they pass mot test without problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He did not know about it missing but it passed 2 years ago and not much used since.
C1: 0.96 C2: 0.82

This time
C1: 0.98 C2: 0.82

The MIL was not showing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Upon reading about MOT regulations in Uk i can see it different than here in Croatia, so in Uk they are actually testing for dpf tampering, and that you can get 1000 pounds fine, or even have to scrap car? Then i wouldnt play with running car without dpf.

How often do you guys need to take mot test, annually? Here in Croatia we have every year technical inspection of car and eco test, where they test car mechanically and they check for emission of exhaust gasses, i myself drive vw golf 6 2.0 tdi, they even dont test it for emission as it have dpf, here i know for fact that people pass eco test with removed dpf, as they dont look for dpf tampering.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I should have mentioned that this is in France and has now been added and our test is every two years and every year for commercials. New regulations now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Then find out how are they checking on eco test in France, failing eco test is often because poor condition of engine, not having dpf will emit soot to atmosphere which dont mean car will fail eco test because of it, how older diesels pass eco test? Anyhow if you plan to put back dpf dont go cheap, cheap ones dont last too long, and check was dpf deleted from cars ecu.
Btw what is the mileage on your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its not little :) Try using some good fuel injector cleaning additive and running it on highway for while prior to eco test.

when i was younger i had citroen jumper van, here in croatia we also have burning oil, which is used for heating i dont kow exact name in english, anyhow i was driving it on this burning oil and using fuel additives i passed eco test every time without problem :)

·
3,161 Posts
Hi...if you refer to 'red' diesel...then yes ...thats for agri/plant/generators...its just dyed to show that tax hasnt been paid....here in the uk anyway....

·
Registered
21 Posts
its not agri diesel, here we have that also its called blue diesel, but this oil normally used for heating houses and similar its coloured red but its less refined than diesel oil, hell i even run my van on jet fuel :) only adding bit oil, i used to work on airport so people would give me 50 l samples from aircraft....it was long time ago...i was young and stupid

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was done before I got the car, but it may have been done because the egr valve was faulty. I will give it a try without the blank. I need to get a new DPF.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have taken the blank out but there is a hum that was not present before. A sort of A on the piano. But it starts and runs ok.
Should there be a gasket on the flange where it joins the inlet manifold?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts