Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Well over the last few days I have flattened the battery on my pad several times reading posts from archive lol

For this question please assume wanting to do 40k miles clock now 137k

So I have enquirered about dpf removal remap.
pro,s good price remap less lights
con,s possible mot changes result fail mot insurance implications and if I wanted to sell the car not standard (relevant as health condition in future may mean loss of licence)

If I have this correct a particle filter can be had for £150 £200 eolys fluid about £90 so keeping the original spec is not much different to getting mapping and removal.

The only fault codes I have now are p0409 and p489 both egr both may be fixed with blanking plate.

Final part is one post I read says 10 mil eolys is added each time fuel cap removed if like me you usually tank up fully is the dilution not a bit thin I fail to see how that results in less regens as far as I know in the 600 miles I have had it no regen has happened

Hope some clever members can point me in a good direction

Cheers

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
741 Posts
Leave it alone unless it's broken and even then, fix it.
I've seen enough posts from people who have had it removed and had more problem's after than it's worth.
My 407's on 177k with (as far as I can tell) the original DPF and it doesn't give problems.

I'm also sure that the car uses the amount of fuel added to determine the amount of ELOYS, rather than adding the same amount regardless.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi James

Thanks for your answer i thought many would have opinions on this :lol:

I am slowly working my way through jobs on the car on the basis go slow and if i make things worse its not as hard to back track.

Once i clear my pollution faults i will be a happy chap, the car is getting better as i do jobs and runs well seems to like shell fuel but early days

Thanks again

Allan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts