Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About four days ago i had my DPF removed and had my 1.6 HDi 110 remapped to around 125 bhp. At first i was thoroughly unimpressed as the car didnt seem much different and in fact was poorer on fuel economy going down from an average of 44.7 to under 40 mpg. Then it started regenerating which of course it shouldnt be when the dpf is removed so my mapper took the car into a local indie who reset all the parameters on the dpf through planet which stopped the 'particulate filter regeneration urgent' message id had up on the dash for the last ten months. That sorted the car completely and now its like someone has put a 2.0 136 under the bonnet!!! The car is flying, is massively smoother and its fuel economy is now reading just under 48mpg from the last two days of all town driving (im a taxi driver).

All i can say is if your having problems with your dpf, regenerations or simply want to give your 407 a new lease of life then get this done. Its the single biggest improvemnt you could ever make to your motor. :thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
About four days ago i had my DPF removed and had my 1.6 HDi 110 remapped to around 125 bhp. At first i was thoroughly unimpressed as the car didnt seem much different and in fact was poorer on fuel economy going down from an average of 44.7 to under 40 mpg. Then it started regenerating which of course it shouldnt be when the dpf is removed so my mapper took the car into a local indie who reset all the parameters on the dpf through planet which stopped the 'particulate filter regeneration urgent' message id had up on the dash for the last ten months. That sorted the car completely and now its like someone has put a 2.0 136 under the bonnet!!! The car is flying, is massively smoother and its fuel economy is now reading just under 48mpg from the last two days of all town driving (im a taxi driver).

All i can say is if your having problems with your dpf, regenerations or simply want to give your 407 a new lease of life then get this done. Its the single biggest improvemnt you could ever make to your motor. :thumb:
how did you remove your dpf, did you drill a hole, or remove it completely, or did you use a bypass pipe?

ive done the physical work but i still need to do the remapping and peugeot planet work on it......why did you increase the bhp?

thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did you remove your dpf, did you drill a hole, or remove it completely, or did you use a bypass pipe?

ive done the physical work but i still need to do the remapping and peugeot planet work on it......why did you increase the bhp?

thanks
DPF is still on though as far as i know its been drilled and all sensors still connected though its now all switched off. The remapping was done firstly to tell the car it no longer had a dpf and then i opted for the mid tune remap which combines improved torque and mpg. TBH getting rid of the dpf is probably the biggest improvement but combined with a map the car just feels so different and 'free' from its previous constraints. Its soooooo much better than it was. I suppose increasing the bhp was done just because its possible though i didnt opt for the bhp map which increases it to 140bhp as i felt that was stupid on a six year old car with 129K on the clock.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
am a little confused about the parameters on the FAP do you mean reset the FAP counter? as i would have thought it would be wipped after the FAP software was removed, do you know what your counter was at before it was wipped? :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Did you do all the remapping work yourself? The thing is I am at the stage where I need to the computer work, I'm getting Peugeot planet and I have galletto... I just need some advice on what settings my car needs and how to do it, I have a 307 hdi 1.6 110bhp 55' plate......any advice?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Before remap all counters have to be reset and if possible the filter to be replaced through planet (not physically) and all fault codes erased ,
once the car is mapped/dpf off it will carry faults through to new map if not erased ,
this does not happen everytime but its a sure way of not having problems after work is carried out.

C

·
0 Posts
The diesel emissions test is a smoke test, and the cat makes no difference - remove at will, and continue to fly through MOTs.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The diesel emissions test is a smoke test, and the cat makes no difference - remove at will, and continue to fly through MOTs.
I've heard if you remove everything out of dpf Inc. Cat it can get a bit of smoke build up.....

With regards to remapping, what programme did you use?

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
They've stopped doing the smoke test over here. Health and safety apparently! Too much soot and unburnt diesel at the door! Different test procedure here though. We have to take ours to an actual mot centre.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also interested in who remapped the car? And was it the same company who removed the dpf data prior to (/at the same time as) remapping it?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used this company.

Mobile Vehicle Remapping - Hull and Yorkshire

I then took the car to a designated garage where i met the mapper and the garage then removed/drilled the dpf. The mapper then altered the cars software so it no longer thought it had a dpf and wouldnt regenerate. The problem with my car is the dpf was reading over 100% and kept coming up with 'particulate filter regenerate urgent' message and had periodically been going into safe mode because of this so the mapper couldnt completely delete the regen and once i started driving it it of course started regenerating again. He then arranged for me to take the car to a Pug Indie (at his cost) where he again met me and using Planet the indie told the software on my car that my car it had a new dpf and reset the parameters from over 100% to 0% resulting in regeneration urgent message now going and so far no more regens. The car drives completely differently and feels free from the holding back it always seemed to suffer from when a regen was occuring or about too. It really is a different car!

Oh yeah and the dpf removal and the mid map cost just £325 which for the work done and service is fantastic value for money imo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi is anybody on this forum hu can help me remove dpf/remap from software ??
I have cables, pp2000 etc but i don't want touch the software, somebody told me if the checksum will not match then ecu will be damage permanently :(
I can make dump from ecu and upload here if somebody can due this

Thanks
Lucas

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi is anybody on this forum hu can help me remove dpf/remap from software ??
I have cables, pp2000 etc but i don't want touch the software, somebody told me if the checksum will not match then ecu will be damage permanently :(
I can make dump from ecu and upload here if somebody can due this

Thanks
Lucas
You'll need Galletto to get an ECU dump so if you have it then upload the file and send me a link, I'll sort the software removal :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
You'll need Galletto to get an ECU dump so if you have it then upload the file and send me a link, I'll sort the software removal :thumb:
thanks mate give me a hour and i will upload, i was told the safe ecu working very well but somebody else say is like lottery sometimes work ok sometimes can damage ecu

Regards

·
Registered
117 Posts
thanks mate give me a hour and i will upload, i was told the safe ecu working very well but somebody else say is like lottery sometimes work ok sometimes can damage ecu

Regards
Yes ECU Safe is the tried and tested method, so far not had any issues with it as long as the read goes properly in the first place

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes ECU Safe is the tried and tested method, so far not had any issues with it as long as the read goes properly in the first place
Hi i have galletto 1260 so is no peugeot 407 1.6 hdi fap on list, i use this type of ecu bosch edc 16+ c34 FLASH M58BW016xB to read, it was read without any problems but on list from right site i not see the peugeot 407 it was peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 110 F.A.P so is exactly same like mine one or im wrong ??
Is any chance to check first i read properly ? in galletto 1260 show me read ok etc. no error message
Anyone try MPPS V13.02 Chip Tuning Software with the galletto 1260 cable to read ecu or is not working like that ?
Regards

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts