Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm wanting to remove my dpf and remap but have been informed that mot tests can be changing to actually detect particles and if the dpf is actually working or not and won't be just a visual check soon.

We’ve been recently made aware that the government and VOSA are very aware of the legal and environmental issues surrounding DPF removal. At present the MOT test CAN NOT detect that your DPF has been gutted / removed or tampered with but…. changes are afoot.

We have been reliably informed that the MOT test will soon be changing to include a test for diesel particulates and soot. This test measure the effectiveness of your DPF and your vehicle will fail it’s MOT if you’ve been naughty.

It’s still very early days but please be careful when considering the removal of your DPF filter.
So on that note
If one was to remove the dpf and replace with a pipe and get it remapped. Then come mot time fit the dpf for the mot. Would the remap affect how the car runs with the dpf fitted? As it's only for a day would it throw anything on? Seems a way around it like it does with decat on petrol cars.

Thoughts on this news?

·
5,617 Posts
Depends on what setting they use. My car has it deleted and mapped and smoke test is about 50 times below current limit.

Removal and fitting a pipe is a fail now it must be visablly fitted.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if I drill it out then I need it I'm alot of money down.
Even with smoke being below current level what about the actual particles. As I understand it remap without Egr and dpf help burn fuel more efficient so less unburnt diesel coming thru the exhaust?

Not 100% but it isn't just the Internet I've read about the new tests that might be coming. Complete with new devices

Celtic tuning 300 quid for my 2.2. From 170 to 222 and I think 370 torque.
Software delete for dpf and Egr included.
Definately tempted by the end of year. Quicker than sisters z4 then 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts