Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plugged in PP2000 today as I do routinely to check the DPF level. I noticed it was at 100% loading so I figured it was time to get on the highway and start a forced regeneration while moving. When I tried to start the regen it gave the message 'Regeneration impossible'. I then tried the regeneration while stationary and got the same error.

Does this mean the DPF needs to be replaced? Is there a way I can force PP2000 to try a regen, even if it believes it will not work? (even if it means telling the car the DPF has been replaced) If I try take the car for a long highway drive, will it regenerate passively from the exhaust gasses?

The car isn't producing any warning lights and there are no faults stored in the ECU. I'm more worried about what effect this will have on the health of the engine if the exhaust is restricted.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Turbo would be my main concern if the DPF is truly blocked. The back pressure won't do it any favours.
Bit weird that you are getting no other errors logged.
To be sure I would remove the DPF and inspect it (easy if it's a split cat/DPF). If you can't do this then the differential pressure live readings would be useful.
To do an active regen, forced or not, the system expects a range of things to be correct.
You need at least quarter of a tank of fuel. The cap sensor needs to be working, eolys fluid need to have been added, glow plugs working, fans working, especially high speed etc. Forced regen will run the engine at 4000rpm on and off for at least 15 minutes so you should be sure the belts are in good condition.
If the DPF really is blocked then a passive regen will not happen as the exhaust gases will be restricted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To update, the situation seems to have fixed itself. I took the car for a short motorway drive and it regenerated the DPF back to zero without me forcing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts