Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

1st post and its because I have a problem. Wifes car has been in to Pug and they say we need a new DPF £800 please.
I've had a search through the forum and seen you can wash them out and this can clear the fault. So went up the garage today and stripped the unit out.
Anyway thats the history now what is best way round this. Clean it out with a pressure washer or as I've read remove it completely and modify the software in the ecu, no idea how to do this even reading up on it.

Whats best??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Guys

1st post and its because I have a problem. Wifes car has been in to Pug and they say we need a new DPF £800 please.
I've had a search through the forum and seen you can wash them out and this can clear the fault. So went up the garage today and stripped the unit out.
Anyway thats the history now what is best way round this. Clean it out with a pressure washer or as I've read remove it completely and modify the software in the ecu, no idea how to do this even reading up on it.

Whats best??
where abouts are you mate ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
buy pps peugeot diagnostic,
get the dpf pressure washed out and get a eloys refill kit from either flebay etc
pps is relativley simple to use if your ok with computers,

once you have pps and cleaned filter/full eloys fluid you can reset the ecu. shouldnt cost much more than 200 quid in total.

you can get pps from ebay but i would recomend easydiagnstics.co.uk
very helpful guy and it will work. with back up ...

D

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys

Whats best??
Before you spend any money, what were the exact faults?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They never said what codes just that the filter was completely blocked. I've washed the filter through which took ages but at the end the water was running through quite quickly.
Just don't know if I would be better to just drill it out now and be done with it or put it back in and clear the faults and see how long it lasts?

·
Registered
412 Posts
They never said what codes just that the filter was completely blocked. I've washed the filter through which took ages but at the end the water was running through quite quickly.
Just don't know if I would be better to just drill it out now and be done with it or put it back in and clear the faults and see how long it lasts?
dont drill it out if you do you will need to have the ecu remapped,, if you say its clear now refit it and try it, might be ok ... ?! and get the codes exactly as they appear and then have them cleared.

·
11,711 Posts
I had a 407 where Peugeot said the same.

All it took was a pressure wash of the DPF and a new EGR valve. Car drove perfect after that (in fairness it drove perfect before but just the anti-pollution fault warning on the screen)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Cleaning doesn't necessitate modification of the ECU as per complete removal.

It does need telling that it's been cleaned by means of a PP2000.

Also, as David said, finding out WHY it got blocked... fuel cap sensor etc etc is important because if it cannot regenerate then 300 miles down the road you're going to start getting issues again.

Phil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right I'm going down the drill out and remap route ordered a galleto and map from eBay.
Can you use any nut and bolt to join up the cat and dpf or does it have to be a proper nut and bolt set?

·
Registered
60 Posts
the bolts normally come off no problem just spray them and stick a bit heat on them if you are having a hard time getting them off ;)

sometimes have a hard time getting the exhaust clamp off though pending on how long its been on the car and if it was last time gunned on lol

so mite be worth getting the clamp :thumb:

Goodluck

·
Registered
238 Posts
any nut and bolts will do, be careful of using maps off ebay, you would be better off going to hdi_tuning, (a forum member). he does dpf removal for £20.00. you scan and download your ecu with galletto and email it to him once you get the new one back from him then simple upload. job done (nearly) :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Te clamps were easy to get off, 2 of the bolts came off really easy the other 2 nightmare! swear they were made in the same factory as Suzuki use.
The map on ebay increases the BHP to about 140, proper tuning company havent ordered it yet though as he said wait til I had the Gallato and could let him know which ECU I had.
i will look at the Forum member though and see if that is a better route.

Cheers for all the advice. Going to have a go at drilling out the DPF tomorrow, couldnt find a long enough core drill so just going to drill a series of holes till its about 2" dia. Is emptying out the whole dpf not recommended?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BEFORE you do this, ensure you have unplugged Differential pressure sensor (leave the pipes intact) just unplug it. Unplug the upstream and downstream temperature sensors so regen doesnt kick in (407's only have downstream sensor)

I've been reading this and TRYING to make some sense of this but what and where are the Differential pressure sensor and the upstream and downstream temperature sensors?? Does anyone have any pics of what I need to be looking for because I can't find anything on google..............

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right The Differential Pressure sensor is behind the battery?
No idea where the upstream and downstream temp sensors are though. I'm guessing this is 2 sensors and not one?

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes really as you need to turn off the additive ecu and a few others as you wont be needing them again. someone in your area could do this for a few quid i'm sure. as for the temp sensors the downstream is on the fap itself, not sure about the upstream

1 - 20 of 25 Posts