Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I am making a second post as I have another issue which I'm wondering if anyone could help,

I bought the 5008 2012 model a couple months ago with full service history, new timing belt done last year and clutch in its egc gearbox. The only problem is once I bought it, it started stinking to high heaven, smokes in the cold mornings and has not done a regen on its dpf in 3000 miles which got me thinking if it's been deleted. So got my tools out and had a look through the top oxy sensor to find a huge gap inside the dpf but noticed that the bottom filter is still intact which if memory serves me right the bottom filter is the dpf and the top one that seems to be missing is the cat.

If I'm right then it would explain a few things when driving hard it gives off black soot.

So my question is has it been deleted the right way with a remap or the wrong way and I could just put another second hand dpf on the car replacing the one that's already on.

Second does anyone have one lying around in the north east that would like to get rid I would be more then happy to collect it.

The smell is so bad at times then other times it won't smell at all or smoke. The car is not burning oil at all or coolant and runs perfect, the only thing it does have is blowby but I'm almost certain it's normal for the dv6 to have blowby.

Anyway if anyone could help I would be extremely thankful, regards matt

·
13,370 Posts
If the DPF has been messed with without a remap, the first error that usually comes up is a differential pressure sensor one.

I'm not aware of DPFs smelling though. CATs do when they're failing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It smells all I can describe is sweet smokey but very strong no warning lights no oil loss, no coolant loss it just stinks, when started from cooled it puffs smoke for about 15 seconds sounds like it's miss firing but drives perfectly fine. If I put my foot down it leaves a grayish black cloud and when I first got it I could see in the mirror black soot from the tail pipe when drove hard.

Yet I've used a obd with no stored or pending codes. I am almost sure the dpf has been messed with as the inside more then half of it is empty intact you can see the injector above the bottom filter, im sure your not supposed to be able to see that as there should be a cat above it.

I've searched all over the internet to see a dpf cut open from above but I can't find one only ones I could find are people splitting then from the bottom bracket to clean the dpf out.

I just don't know. Very weird as I have owned previous dv6 engined cars and none have smelt like this one.

·
9,857 Posts
What engine is fitted to the car

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was slightly overfilled with oil which I corrected when I bought it but it was serviced at a main dealership so I can't see that being a problem I also don't think the blowby is excessive as it does not change between cold and hot I've changed the pcv valve.

Maybe a faulty injector only problem is I can't afford the cost to buy a lexia 3 till later in the year.

Repairing well I've done all repairs on my car for the past 14 years and I know the dv6 well enough that I know the fuel pressure sensor and cleaning the egr is a pain to replace from owning the Citroen C4 grand picasso but having the 5008 everything under the hood is so different from the C4 that I was shocked it's the same engine I have even noticed the egr is different and even more of a pain to get too in the 5008.

I'm starting to wish I just bought another C4 the only problem is they root so bad it's unreal anyway that's another story.

Thanks again Matt.

·
9,857 Posts
I would say you have got afailing injector causing the smell and smoke (ignoring the DPF issue for now)

Does it start well and do you get any diesel knock when you rev from idle.

The DS3 project car i got had a couple of duff injectors one caused a miss fire the second white smoke and smell like you described it is also e-hdi 9HR DV6C engine

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's injectors how easy are they to do at home, is a lexia needed for it, there is no carbon build up around them unless the car the engine was pressure washed before I bought it which I'm suspecting as the gearbox is covered in oil now from the cam and let's not forget the electrical fire I had 2 weeks after buying it which resulted in me replacing the whole headlight unit.

I also had to replace the Aircon compressor as that went bang and snapped my auxiliary belt.
I have also noticed after the fact of buying the car that the car looks like it's been resprayed all round the car

Paid £3k from gumtree for this car and I'm not having much luck with it, but still it could be worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts