Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

My 407 SW (diesel) has started showing this on start-up. What is it and how worried do I need to be (how big a bill might I be facing)??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That shows up if you are running low on DPF fluid, but is accompanied by a message in the centre console screen when you first start it up. It may also indicate a blocked DPF filter but not too sure about that as my system has never become blocked.
Scanning it with PP2000/Diagbox and getting live data will tell you exactly what is going on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
as WillNZ said...
Does it says on the central display "particulate filter additive level low"? (you can go thru menu on trip computer/warning log to see) If that is so you are low on DPF additive, search the forum there are a lot of topics how to top it up. it should be called Eloys and it goes in the separate tank in front of rear left wheel. It after its topped up it you need to tell the car that you refilled it using PP2000

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If you do top it up yourself, be careful, EOLYS fluid is nasty.
Also, the tank counter will probably need resetting using Peugeot Planet.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You need to at least get it scanned to find out what the problem is. If the DPF is blocked, you will need to do sort it right away as a blocked dpf will put the car into limp mode and can blow the turbo....:eek:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
This showing on your dash is a WARNING if its ignored it turns into a BIG bill

As said above a blocked DPF is going to do more damage and even if it is just the fluid needing topped up this if ignored will lead to a blocked DPF

it CANT wait it needs plugged in to find the reason THEN you can decide if it can wait

1 - 8 of 8 Posts