Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 307 HDI 136hp and was wondering on the lifespan of the FAP? The car has been brilliant until now to be fair and has just completed 100k untroubled miles. However, almost immediately (and suspiciously) the 'Anti-Pollution fault' message appeared. I've read that they DPFs have a lifespan of about 112k miles. Is this correct?

I see no point in spending time and money on diagnostics and fault finding if I should just replace the FAP anyway. I understand you can no longer take the system out as it'll fail the MOT.

Does anyone have a p2000 system and live within 40mins of High Wycombe who would be able to help? Happy to pay an agreed amount of course.

The cars ABS and ESP lights are also lit up on the dash with the 'STOP' warning luminated. The braking system responds fine so I assume it's simply the sensor. Where is this located?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
DPF lifespan is totaly dependent on use and care of vehicle they tend to give issues at 100k miles range not because they are done but more because the car then becomes old and worthless so is unlikely to have been cared for and may well have been through a few owners.

The fluid will be done by 100k miles and this is where the slippery slope tends to start as people do not understand the need for the fluid and its ok my car is still running fine mentality means they ignore any warnings till damage IS done.

I know cars with original DPFs on 300k miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks reliable406. I managed to finally get my p2000 kit working and it states that the DPF is indeed blocked. It doesn't mention the fluid. Is that normal?

Is it a good idea to force a regeneration? Some say they wouldn't.

If anyone around me needs help or use of my diag kit then I'd be happy to help.

The ABS system is a voltage issue according to p2000.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Dpf blocked does not mean that is the problem though as if it is not getting regular regens it WILL block up you need to look at all the parameters regarding the DPF system and see what is working and what is not if you fix the faults and jet wash the filter it will be fine again.

This is the point where most people decide to gut the DPF and remap sometimes it works out ok but others it still has issues afterwards and in most cases fixing costs the same sometimes less than deleting !

You need to find the DPF menu and look at fluid level cap sensor operation and differential pressure readings seems a bit daunting but there is plenty of info on here and people who are willing to help get you sorted given the correct info

If you have less then 3 glowplugs it wont regen this is the most common issue also fluid empty and cap sensor not working.

DPF ecu can sometimes go to sleep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apologies, my knowledge isn't as good on the diesels as it is on the petrols. I had a pug V6 petrol for 13 years before recently changing over.

Less than 3 glowplugs? Isn't it a straight 4?

The car hasn't yet gone into limp mode so I assume all the plugs are working fully. I flew up the M40 for 20 mins the other day (in 4th) but it's hard to know if a regen has actually taken place.

It's also my understanding that it's an automatic MOT fail (and they visually check now too) if you remove the DPF so I don't really want to do that.

·
11,766 Posts
The car hasn't yet gone into limp mode so I assume all the plugs are working fully. I flew up the M40 for 20 mins the other day (in 4th) but it's hard to know if a regen has actually taken place.
Doesn't the door mirror get hot? And PLanet should tell you miles or km since last regen.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
When i say less than 3 i mean less than 3 still working 1 failed it will regen more than 1 failed it may regen in certain circumstances but in most it wont.

Should have kept your v6 best engine peugeot/renault ever made :)

Just because its not in limp mode does not mean its ok to use !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts