Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I have some issues with my 207 SW HDI DPF. Looking at the V5 the Varient is WE9HX* and the Version is WE9HXC.
Under "Technical Data" in the Handbook - Engines and Gearboxes - 9HX-C. Catalytic converter = Yes. Particle emission filter = No.
So does my car legally require a DPF - would it pass an MOT without one?

Also - I can't see any mention of an Euloys tank in the handbook.

TIA

·
9,645 Posts
What year is the car that's the more as the legislation became affective by date 2009 they were needed from then and smoke test is tighter which can highlight DPF delete 2014 onwards they physically look for removal and smoke limit is much tighter and its near on impossible to pass smoke test without a DPF

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is the car that's the more as the legislation became affective by date 2009 they were needed from then and smoke test is tighter which can highlight DPF delete 2014 onwards they physically look for removal and smoke limit is much tighter and its near on impossible to pass smoke test without a DPF
Apologies, I should have put the date - first registration = 31 October 2008 - per V5

·
Registered
190 Posts
The law states that if it was fitted from factory, it must be tested as such. Regardless of whether it was fitted as an option or not (which was possible before they became manditory).

If you gut the DPF, and all the pipework for sensors etc are still there, then it will fail if it shows signs of tampering.
Besides, DPF equipped cars will have a lower plate value for smoke opacity than non-DPF cars. Which means the lower value will be difficult to reach if you remove the DPF and will certainly fail on the smoke test.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The law states that if it was fitted from factory, it must be tested as such. Regardless of whether it was fitted as an option or not (which was possible before they became manditory).

If you gut the DPF, and all the pipework for sensors etc are still there, then it will fail if it shows signs of tampering.
Besides, DPF equipped cars will have a lower plate value for smoke opacity than non-DPF cars. Which means the lower value will be difficult to reach if you remove the DPF and will certainly fail on the smoke test.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for clarifying the situation. Do you know anything about a Euloys tank? Nothing mentioned in the handbook. Car is now booked in the forced regeneration tomorrow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for clarifying the situation. Do you know anything about a Euloys tank? Nothing mentioned in the handbook. Car is now booked in the forced regeneration tomorrow.
If there is one fitted, it'll be under one of the rear wheel-arches.

I don't think its mentioned in the handbook about Eolys, because technically its only a peugeot serviced item, but not on the service schedule. When the DPF is replaced, the Eolys fluid should be refilled at the same time. In theory, the Eolys should last the lifetime of the DPF, and its only job is to reduce the temperature required to burn off the soot in the exhaust. It does not reduce emissions like adblue systems on other cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for this. I'm following up the theory that if the Eolys is not checked and topped up if empty, the DPF is more likely to clogged. So filling up the Eolys could potentially help regeneration and prevent future clogging? Think I need to take a look under the car.....

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
13,198 Posts
Thanks again for this. I'm following up the theory that if the Eolys is not checked and topped up if empty, the DPF is more likely to clogged. So filling up the Eolys could potentially help regeneration and prevent future clogging? Think I need to take a look under the car.....
There's a little more to it - it also needs working glowplugs, cooling fan and fuel cap sensor for the additive to inject and the regen to work.

The "good" thing about Peugeot's is that there isn't usually a pipe available to replace the DPF - so people often open it up, gut it then replace it - and on a cursory MOT examination it will appear to be present. But it will also need mapping out of the system.

A replacement DPF is fairly cheap from CATS2U.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Funny you should mention glowplugs as a diagnostic showed a code P1351 for a glowplug and also P0087 for High Pressure Regulation back in January. Four glowplugs were replaced and fitting at a cost of £157 + VAT in February. But I took the car to a garage for a forced regen and they mentioned something about a pressure indicator. So I must find out what their diagnostic came up with.

A replacement DFP would be £150 from Cats2U - probably also needs other bits and pieces, but I have no idea about labour charges - but it's something I'll look into.

In the meantime, I've been recommended to use a fuel additive. The garage I used for the forced regen recommended Dipetane at £25+VAT...........which costs £12.50 from Halfords!!! Anything you can recommend?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts