Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas?

I'm having a battle with the dealer I bought the stupid car from.
Filter changed at 113k, counters reset etc.

Now 125k and filter fails again!!!!!
Unfortunatley in Spain when this happens so persuade Pug Spain that the filter was only replaced recentley and that something else is wrong.

They did some futher digging and couldn't get the car to regen under normal conditions as fluid not injecting. However managed to perform 3 forced regens to clear the filter.

I got the car back to the UK, the dealer I bought it from (not Pug) wants nothing to do with it despite promising to have repaired the route cause of the filter issue and PUG uk want £60+vat for 1 hour then god knows how much to do a proper trace on the fault.

what could be wrong?

2005 SW 2.0 HDI (also has new EGR) on its 3rd filter already (original, 25k and 113k)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Zooankski diagnosed a similar fault on my 407. As yet it has not manifested itself and I'm about to fix it before it causes trouble. There's a set of magnets on the Diesel filler cap, these operate a fuel filler cap sensor (FFCS). FFCS in turn wakes up the BSI chip. The BSI chip then takes a reading of the fuel gauge before and after the fuelling. It then calculates how much Eolys fluid to squirt into the fuel tank. It burns in the Exhaust and cleans out the DPF.

Sometimes the magnets drop of the fuel cap and cause the problem - test by holding a penny on them, sometimes (far more often) the fuel filler cap sensor (FFCS) fails. £20 from Peugeot Dealer.

To replace, jack up and remove R O/S wheel; Fit Axel stand. Remove Arch shields (2 Plastic Screws ahead plus some metal screws here and there plus one (or two) under the rear end of the arch. Replace FFCS (two plugs on a wire). Refit.

And no, you can't get at it through the boot.

J

·
0 Posts
No magnet = no additive dosed into the tank. It uses the magnet to know you've removed the filler cap to refuel, and then on replacing, senses that and doses the additive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No magnet = no additive dosed into the tank. It uses the magnet to know you've removed the filler cap to refuel, and then on replacing, senses that and doses the additive.
Just out of curiosity, would removing the filler cap and then replacing, without refuelling, cause more EOLYS fluid to be injected into the tank?
Could this be a method of 'forcing' a regen, by having more EOLYS in the diesel to burn off the soot/ash in the filter?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Don't think so. It also uses the fuel-level sensor to determine how much fuel that has been added, to inject the correct dose of Eloys.

Also the Eloys itself ain't performing the regen. During the regen the injectors open at the exhaust stroke at the same time as the glow plugs are active.

J

·
0 Posts
Eolys just allows the diesel to combust at a lower temperature, hence allowing the soot etc to burn off in the exhaust under the temperature of the exhaust gases. As said though, eolys is only added after fueling to the amount of fuel thats been added.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts