Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Well after totally getting fed up of depolution lights on my 110bhp 1.6 hdi I decided to bite the bullet and remove / delete the dpf and egr.

I had spoken to Steve at Protune who advertises in the for sale threads and he fitted me in today, the process in my case was pop the car into a garage for dpf removal and then round to see Steve for the ecu programming.

The process took in total about four hours and when I mentioned I was a member of this forum he gave me a discount.

After the dpf was removed the car sounds just a little bit louder but it is certainly less hesitant, and once Steve did his wizard's work the car finally had the lights for depolution extinguished.

He did a good job of checking the Ecu and Bsi after the job was done and seems to have a good grasp of the engine management.

As this is early days I will update with minor things like have the lights stayed out and also if I can see any improvement in mpg lol

Would I have preferred to keep the car bog standard, yes but Peugeot did a fine job of making the system so complicated that even after six weeks those lights would not stay out.

So my Thanks to Steve fingers crossed my decision proves good, hope so as fed up of nightmares !

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi just curious as ive got depollution system faulty atm and on my old one said dpf full all time. What is this process do you remove the egr valve or blank it off ? And whats the costs ? Thx

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

Dpf is drilled out and left in place egr remains in place no blanking plate needed

For me phoned Steve (Protune) he asked what i wanted for me that was him to organize full job, i could have drilled dpf myself and saved money. You can also post the ecu for him to work on but again he did mine in car.

I never asked for any bhp boost happy as i am and economy more interest for me lol

Price depends on what he does and where he does it in my case i drove to Hull and he gave me group discount cost £250 all in. Local was £450 + VAT

Gives you an idea

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi

Dpf is drilled out and left in place egr remains in place no blanking plate needed

For me phoned Steve (Protune) he asked what i wanted for me that was him to organize full job, i could have drilled dpf myself and saved money. You can also post the ecu for him to work on but again he did mine in car.

I never asked for any bhp boost happy as i am and economy more interest for me lol

Price depends on what he does and where he does it in my case i drove to Hull and he gave me group discount cost £250 all in. Local was £450 + VAT

Gives you an idea
Thx for the info 250 aint a bad price to get rid of the hassle and stress from peugeots poorly designed systems. These cars cause constant stress wondering whats next lol. So nothing has to be done to egr at all but when its clogged wnt it still affect engine ? And what exactly do you do to dpf just drill tonnes of holes all over ?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

The egr is closed when the engine is off any blockage is only an issue if its stopping the valve closing

The DPF is removed and the holes drilled are expected to let the gasses through and still leave some back pressure i read people use 50mm drills this is in the core not the box so it looks just the same as before a small bit louder but not much. It seems to breath a lot better and no lights i was a sick as a chip trying to get the lights out.

I mention higher up i would have left the system as it was except i was fed up its really nice to turn on and no lights no regen either so no limp mode. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi

The egr is closed when the engine is off any blockage is only an issue if its stopping the valve closing

The DPF is removed and the holes drilled are expected to let the gasses through and still leave some back pressure i read people use 50mm drills this is in the core not the box so it looks just the same as before a small bit louder but not much. It seems to breath a lot better and no lights i was a sick as a chip trying to get the lights out.

I mention higher up i would have left the system as it was except i was fed up its really nice to turn on and no lights no regen either so no limp mode. :D
So even if egr is blocked after remap it wont matter ? This sounds like a great deal to me 250 and you dont have to worry about lights or replacing the dpf and egr. I know how you felt i was so stressed with my last car trying to get it all sorted and it was just a different problem every day. Ive pm protune for a price if i post my ecu thanks mate

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So even if egr is blocked after remap it wont matter ? This sounds like a great deal to me 250 and you dont have to worry about lights or replacing the dpf and egr. I know how you felt i was so stressed with my last car trying to get it all sorted and it was just a different problem every day. Ive pm protune for a price if i post my ecu thanks mate
So far as i know once the ecu is mapped out the egr is not given a signal to open so its no different to blanking in this regard so long as its not open with dirt now ( I had cleaned mine a few weeks before)

One other thing ... Gibbo did a report on teraclean that sounds good as well think its a £100 + or - i for one am glad my lights are out :thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
So far as i know once the ecu is mapped out the egr is not given a signal to open so its no different to blanking in this regard so long as its not open with dirt now ( I had cleaned mine a few weeks before)

One other thing ... Gibbo did a report on teraclean that sounds good as well think its a £100 + or - i for one am glad my lights are out :thumb:
I think im definately going to have it done im going to clean my valve an if the fault goes away then i know it was the egr then before it clogs up again ill get ecu done. Whats teraclean ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Review: Terraclean System - Peugeot Forums

The above is review by Gibbo

I do like the idea behind emissions but even previous owners using wrong class oil can cause issues if you leave egr in make sure c2 type oil is used

Was that comment about emmisions referring to terraclean ? And when you said if you leave egr in use c2 oil did u mean if i dont get egr deleted ? Ive got the 2.0 i thought u only had to use c2 on the 1.6 can you even get 5w40 c2. I jus brought cambelt kit and all service items ready fot me to do it next weekend have i brought wrong oil i got 5w40 dpf safe triple qx or something similar

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi

Remark about emissions meant good cause but can be hard to keep the parts in working order

As far as I knew all cars that have egr and particle filter requires correct spec oil again from Haynes c2 is correct oil I would think c3 would be fine as well don't know the oil you mention

Terraclean sounds good Gibbo is pleased and it cleans the egr which considering the location sounds good I.e less work.

I am going to continue with c2 even after delete I think it will be more environment friendly and maybe keep the cat exhaust in better nick not a lot of difference in cost

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi

Remark about emissions meant good cause but can be hard to keep the parts in working order

As far as I knew all cars that have egr and particle filter requires correct spec oil again from Haynes c2 is correct oil I would think c3 would be fine as well don't know the oil you mention

Terraclean sounds good Gibbo is pleased and it cleans the egr which considering the location sounds good I.e less work.

I am going to continue with c2 even after delete I think it will be more environment friendly and maybe keep the cat exhaust in better nick not a lot of difference in cost

I was under the impression c2 oil was to stop the engine sludging up on the 1.6 as it has narrow oil galories ect. How does oil affect egr if the oil does not get burnt and sent through the exhaust ? Sorry if i sound dumb im not an expert with cars i just like to have ago at thinhs myself and learn

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi

As you probably know the egr opens when the car reaches certain conditions its called exhaust gas recycle so it recycles some of the gas that would pass down the exhaust and passes it through the intake again any soot carbon can be carried by the oil around the engine

C2 is used to lower the carbon I think with low sulphur content so when the gasses recycle it reduces the carbon meaning cleaner oil and gas.

I know you had pug before so you probably know many change the oil filter more often than recommended this would help reduce wear on the engine

In my book reduction of engine wear is good.

I seem to recall that the carbon particles will also burn at lower temp so in regen mode the exhaust does not need to get so hot

This is one reason the heat shields are in place and ideally left on

Hope that helps loads of info on nett when you google it

This is I think why terraclean is getting decent press it's another way of getting rid of carbon build up.

I would imagine most oil sludge in a diesel would be trapped un filtered carbon particles

1 - 20 of 107 Posts