Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My antopolution fault came back today after 2 years so I'm going to get myself a lexia off ebay, sick of paying people 40 quid to plug it in.

Anyway while I'm diagnosing the antipolution fault I was wondering if the dpf and additive system can be deleted via diagbox/pp2000 as I know my additive tank is running low and bashing the middles out of the dpf will be cheaper than a couple of bottles of eloys fluid!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Yes you can tell the BSI that the additive ECU is absent BUT it will not prevent error messages coming up as the DPF needs to be removed from the engine ECU via a remap.

If you gut the DPF you will get pressure differential errors amongst others which will probably be pretty annoying.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah right no problem.

So the only way to do it properly is buy a galetto and a dpf ridden map.

·
5,820 Posts
Depends on engine 2.0 110 Bosch EDC15 can be done with Galletto or similar 1.6 Bosch and Siemens need to be done on bench with BDM compatible kit

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah right, mine is a 2.0 hdi 110 but I'm unsure which ecu it's running, I guess I can find this out when I get my lexia plugged into it.

Was hoping to be able to buy a map to delete the egr, dpf and the additive tank once I've got the fault sorted

·
5,820 Posts
It will be EDC15. If you feel confident to do it get a galletto or similar lead download ecu send me the file and I will remove DPF from software (free for regular Forum members) and send you the revised file for you to write back to ecu

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windy that sounds great thanks!

I will try to get one ordered ASAP but I've just spent my last few penies on the lexia.

So does that mean I will just need to take off the dpf and drill the innards out of it and never have to worry about the additive system again?

·
5,820 Posts
Yes drill out/gut dpf, update ECU and set additive ECU to absent in BSI and no more worries with DPF

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well map is now flashed so i just need to gut the DPF.

Question

DO i need to gut the dpf and the cat (i seem to remember the DPF is the big canister and the cat is the smaller one bolted to the DPF)

When drilling the dpf how much do i need to drill out of it or does the entire thing need drilling and bashing out?? The rest of the exhaust is only about 2.5" so emptying the entire dpf seems a bit drastic.

·
5,820 Posts
I leave cat as it means you do not need to drop front pipe and it leaves some back pressure on turbo . You can drill a few holes or gut. I gutted mine as once the holes were drilled the matrix was loose and I did not want it falling away and blocking exhaust

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My cat is bolted to the dpf anyway so it needs to come off anyway.

How did you gut it then? Just drilled a few holes and then bash the rest out with a hammer and long screwdriver?

·
5,820 Posts
If the two section are bolted together you can just unbolt the rear section (if you drop rear pipe first there is ample room to get to the 4 bolts). I used a long masonry drill to do mine and a few others

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that was a messy job, I'm black head to toe!
Drilled 5 or so 12mm holes, just hope it doesn't break up and fall in the exhaust.

Do I need to unplug the differential pressure sensor?

·
5,820 Posts
No it will be fine with remap and switched off additive ecu it will be ignored

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after hours trying to install pp2000 I think I've finally got the additive ECU switched off.

I think it was something along the lines of ecus, ecu present, diesel additive ECU - not present.

That sound about right? Pp2000 isn't the most intuitive interface I've ever worked on!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I couldn't get diagbox to install but pp has done the trick.

The menu system and general interface is terrible though.

Abyway I decided to do a full system scan this afternoon to see if the egr and dpf faults had returned which they haven't.

However a fault has come back about the upstream temp sensor not sending a signal. I know I defiantly plugged this back in when I put the dpf back on. Is it a problem or not something which is likely to trigger the engine management light?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts