Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, (Sorry this has turned out a much longer post than I thought it would be)

I have a 307 136 XSI 2004 on 128k.
The car is need of a major service but the engine its self is running fine unlike all the bits that are added on to it. I'm getting the below faults***

P2565, P0299, P2563, P1598, P1351***

My main problem is I get no boost most of the time. Car was fine when I brought it for the first few hundred miles then one day the EML came on and went in to limp mode. The code at the time was P2563 (Vacuum leak). Clear the code and all will be ok again for a bit. After a few more hundred miles P2565 came up (position repeat sensor). Then all boost stopped completely and turbo related faults stopped coming up. Spoke to my father in laws mate at a family party who’s a Citroen mechanic. He said he’s seen similar before and to try some DPF cleaner first. He explained that the DPF can cause all sorts of issues with back pressure and readings can end up all over the place. He recommended some Wynn’s and to see what happens. Sure enough ran a full tank and about ¾ of the way through boost started coming back. Almost to the point of it been fine. Boost would sometimes feel like it was coming in waves, guess that does tie up with P2565.

I guess the P1351 was the start of the DPF problems. I have no proof the coil has ever been replaced, so I intend to get a coil pack and glow plugs replaced along with other serviceable items. Also the car started running really bad at low speeds and then started jerking violently so I have made my own plate and blanked of the EGR.

Felt I needed to explain all that before I get to my main point. I had arranged for me and my brother to remove and clean my DPF so I can see what improvements it makes to the car. Been doing some reading and I want to make sure I do everything in the correct order and I have some questions that I cant answer when grouped together like I'm trying to do.

I now intend to remove the drill the DPF with a 2” bore, de cat and I've already blanked of my EGR.

Can I drill the DPF and just put it back on or is the DPF delete a must.
I will today order the Galletto cables but I will have to wait for this to come and I will have to dual boot and install XP on my laptop to run it. Will the car still run ok or is this going to leave me in limp mode limbo until I've updated to ECU?

If I remove my cat does that also actually need deleting from the ecu? (conflicting information around on that one)

Do I need to get the EGR deleted too?

And finally I know there are users on here that will change the flash file for the DPF, can they also do a cat and EGR delete or do I really need to be going down the road of a custom remap?

Or does anyone wise and knowledgeable advise I do something totally different?

Thanks for reading guys
James Williams

·
11,711 Posts
You need to spend some time searching the forum, all the answers to your questions are here and have been posted numerous times before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to spend some time searching the forum, all the answers to your questions are here and have been posted numerous times before.
Thanks Gibbo,

Actually all i did was waffle and i didn't even explain what i was actually trying to ask. (Christmas Cherry no doubt)

I'm getting P2565 and P2563. I know i have to take the car to a garage to get the vacuum system checked and that the turbo repeat position sensor might need replacing or there could be an even bigger problem with the turbo all together.

So my confusing issue was is what do you look at getting fixed first? If the DPF is causing the car not to boost then i cant expect a garage to confirm a diagnosis on the turbo without getting them at a higher cost to sort out the DPF. I cant get the car remapped to delete the DPF, CAT and EGR when the turbo isn't boosting if there is vacuum leak or faulty sensors.
I really need to be froogle with costs as I'm father of 4 (Also known as skint). So i need to do as much as i can myself and i know this fantastic garage that wouldn't rip someone off if they came in wearing a jacket made of £50's but they cant do everything with subconing the mapping and he even said they would get someone else to drill the DPF.

However, logic has finally come home so i plan to buy a DPF removal kit and the Galletto cables. Do the DPF myself and hopefully find someone kind that can help me to delete the DPF. Then get the car to my garage to sort out the turbo, give the car a good service and then if i still feel it will be worth it, take it for a custom remap.

Sorry for not been clear, you are right i was asking questions that i didn't need to ask. This site is a fantastic resource.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
369 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody that has successfully removed the dpf from the 136 XSI engine with the Siemans ECU.
Might help if you put the error code descriptions up save people looking them up.

·
11,711 Posts
Car needs a good service and glow plugs and / or relay.

Maybe even a new DPF and additive re-fill.

The codes are in post 1 and can be put into the search box on the forum.

Fix the DPF system first and see what codes return and deal with them after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts