Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a unblock diesel filter message come up on my 307 2.0hdi 02 plate for the last few months. have tried giving car a good run but hasnt helped. so brought a new differential pressure sensor fitted this tonight and went for a test drive but again same message came up. not read the faults today with pp but in past have only had the dpf blocked fault on it. car has done 115000 miles now. would it be worth me taking the filter out and giving it a clean out? looked at the guide on here but that looks to be on the 1.6. is the 2.0p the same? as after a quick look it looks to me as if the dpf is under the car not at front of engine. car not here now as mrs gone to work but plan to spend some time on it tomorrow to sort it out.

·
11,766 Posts
You are talking about the 110bhp 307 aren't you?

A good run won't fix this, you need to clean or replace the DPF and check that all the components instrumental to unblocking the DPF - glow plug, additive, relays and fan - are all working.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats great gibbo thanks that is what i thought. yes its the 110 307 its a sw not that that makes any difference. as far as i can tell from the readouts on pp everything is working as it should be. will attempt to get the filter opff tomorrow and give it a clean out. do you know where the filter is as on the guide it shows it as being at the front of the engine but mine looks like it is under the car.

as i would like to disconnect the battery while i do this is there a way to do it without having to have the window open as i will be doing this out side and as there are showers forecast i dont want to have the window open in case it does rain.

edit. from the look of it it looks like mine is the type that splits open does that sound about right

·
5,836 Posts
Put the car on ramps/axle stands disconnect pipe for rear sensor on DPF under car, remove exhaust centre clamp and rear rubber mount undo 4x13mm bolts on dpf/cat drop and remove dpf.

Back flush with jet wash refit and leave at idle for 10-15 min till steam stops and then take for a run worked 3 times on my 307 now with 192K miles and original DPF :)

or get DPF deleted from ECU and remove

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Put the car on ramps/axle stands disconnect pipe for rear sensor on DPF under car, remove exhaust centre clamp and rear rubber mount undo 4x13mm bolts on dpf/cat drop and remove dpf.

Back flush with jet wash refit and leave at idle for 10-15 min till steam stops and then take for a run worked 3 times on my 307 now with 192K miles and original DPF :)

or get DPF deleted from ECU and remove
Hi

Is it really that easy how long would you say it takes please

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
5,836 Posts
Took me about the same time all under the car on 2.0 the only snag is refitting the DPF to rear pipe clamp (I get new ones as they are only about £2.00 from ecp)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just checking are you both talking here about a 2 ltr both op and I are talking 1.6 ltr 110 bhp I am guessing the models are different ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes the 2.0 hdi 110bhp. There are a lot of differences in many of the procedures for maintenance between the 2.0 & 1.6. However, I do not have extensive knowledge into what this may mean for the DPF sorry.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all this guys. didnt get the chance to do it today as mother in law came over and had to do my duty and show interest. thanks for the tip on the clamp will get one ordered up now

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 27 Posts