Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here i am pursuing the white rabbit of the 307. Once you start repairing faults, more and more just keep on appearing until you find yourself to be a qualified peugeot mechanic in the making!

My latest venture is the automatic AL4/DPO gearbox.... i can't believe i am actually contemplating taking it apart, at least not the whole thing, but the valve body, in an attempt to replace the Gearbox Pressure Regulator & Lock Up Solenoid! AND if it's not that that's the problem, well at least i can find out what is!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Know the feeling. Just thought I'd change the rear brake pads this morning. Only to find out I needed a calliper wind back tool. After a few phone calls, managed to borrow one.

Then the second calliper was seized and the disc wasn't wearing evenly on the back side.

So now a new set of discs are on order and I'm waiting for a used calliper from the local wreckers.

On the look out for someone with a bleed kit, as the only vinyl tubing I can find is too big for the nipple, and a set of Torx drive set.

What should of been a simple 1 hour job, is now

·
11,731 Posts
Know the feeling. Just thought I'd change the rear brake pads this morning. Only to find out I needed a calliper wind back tool. After a few phone calls, managed to borrow one.
Maybe we need to keep a database of "borrowable" tools? Pr1vatePiles also has a brilliant wind back kit that's going to get very little use now we've done his pads.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe we need to keep a database of "borrowable" tools?
A lot of "once in a while" tools can be had from eBay at decent prices if you have the patience to do the auction thing.

I had a Snap-On windback set, cost many,many $$$, that was stolen along with some other gear.

Replaced it with a cheapy from eBay (25 ish), does the job just as good, and is used frequently. If it breaks (which I can't foresee) then I will buy another.

Even for a DIY mech, having certain gear just makes sense for the hassle it saves, even as a 1 off job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts