Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't know if this has been asked before but I'm looking to put a gps/dvd unit where the current head unit + cd changer is. My question is... Are there any that will talk to the heads up display on the dash? If not how will I get into the menu system once I have installed the unit?

P

·
0 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this has been asked before but I'm looking to put a gps/dvd unit where the current head unit + cd changer is. My question is... Are there any that will talk to the heads up display on the dash? If not how will I get into the menu system once I have installed the unit?
Take it you don't know we have a search button?

Anyhow, you can buy adaptors that will enable steering wheel controls to work and also put radio info onto the display in middle of the dash.

All depends on what unit you put in. I have seen adaptors for the sony ones that put the radio information on the screen but the cost of the lead make it silly. Why have the information displayed twice :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it you don't know we have a search button?

Anyhow, you can buy adaptors that will enable steering wheel controls to work and also put radio info onto the display in middle of the dash.

All depends on what unit you put in. I have seen adaptors for the sony ones that put the radio information on the screen but the cost of the lead make it silly. Why have the information displayed twice :confused:
Sorry, I did search but I couldn't find the info I needed. I am thinking of either...

ES7648EN 7" Car DVD GPS VW LUPO POLO T5 SHARAN JETTA SKODA FORD PEUGEOT307 SEAT | eBay
or
AUTORADIO DVD/GPS/NAVI/BLUETOOTH/IPOD/RADIO/SAT NAV Player PEUGEOT 307 | eBay

It looks like the more expensive one may be a better fit in a 307 though which is swaying my decision. Has anyone tried either of these and if so what are they like?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry, I did search but I couldn't find the info I needed. I am thinking of either...

ES7648EN 7" Car DVD GPS VW LUPO POLO T5 SHARAN JETTA SKODA FORD PEUGEOT307 SEAT | eBay
or
AUTORADIO DVD/GPS/NAVI/BLUETOOTH/IPOD/RADIO/SAT NAV Player PEUGEOT 307 | eBay

It looks like the more expensive one may be a better fit in a 307 though which is swaying my decision. Has anyone tried either of these and if so what are they like?
you can probably use a generic CAN reader and make your own interface lead for the unit to patch into the headunit. Given it is a facelift, It makes it a fitting the CAN reader for the steering controls, speed pulse etc easier. For the GPS antenna, you'll need to get this outside of the car if the windscreen is original as it blocks GPS signals pretty effectively or retrofit a new aerial on the roof. You should keep the basic info on the dash display and the trip computer

I've never used or seen one of these units and I have an Pioneer AVIC unit and it looks great. Mine's an older version and so I am trying to find a solution for the speed pulse to make the unit more accurate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can probably use a generic CAN reader and make your own interface lead for the unit to patch into the headunit. Given it is a facelift, It makes it a fitting the CAN reader for the steering controls, speed pulse etc easier. For the GPS antenna, you'll need to get this outside of the car if the windscreen is original as it blocks GPS signals pretty effectively or retrofit a new aerial on the roof. You should keep the basic info on the dash display and the trip computer

I've never used or seen one of these units and I have an Pioneer AVIC unit and it looks great. Mine's an older version and so I am trying to find a solution for the speed pulse to make the unit more accurate

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a speed pulse? Thanks for the info though. Both of the units suggest that they will be able to use the steering wheel controls I'm just not sure about the heads up display.

Once I have the unit installed, how do I access the trip menu etc? As the menu/esc buttons are on my current head unit. Is there another way to bring up the menus?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a speed pulse? Thanks for the info though. Both of the units suggest that they will be able to use the steering wheel controls I'm just not sure about the heads up display.

Once I have the unit installed, how do I access the trip menu etc? As the menu/esc buttons are on my current head unit. Is there another way to bring up the menus?

Thanks again.
Speed pulse is the signal that the car uses to feed the speedo but that can also be used for navi units to help with accuracy when passing under bridges or through tunnels.

Do you have a stalk button for the trip computer? If so, you should be able to toggle through, but it will be more basic I think

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speed pulse is the signal that the car uses to feed the speedo but that can also be used for navi units to help with accuracy when passing under bridges or through tunnels.

Do you have a stalk button for the trip computer? If so, you should be able to toggle through, but it will be more basic I think

Ah, that makes sense thanks. My stalk may have a button to bring up the menu but I have never seen it before, I have always just used the "menu" button on the head unit. I will make sure to update this thread when I have fitted the unit to show results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts