Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Contemplating swapping out the std rd4?? Unit from the good ladies partner teepee xtr for a double din navigation unit along the lines of this - unable to post link yet - Xtrons ice/hu/TA710pl
The question i have is regarding the control through the current head unit displayed on the screen, there are a good number of settings that you can scroll through, auto locking, dimming with lights, various menu's, door open indicator display etc. Will these continue to function with a new unit similar to above link (using the correct connect2u pack for the remote steering wheel control operation), will it affect the parking sensor control? Would be likely to fit a reversing camera too,
I'm a lot more used to simply pulling out the old units and swapping for a new one (although my car is currently rocking a Tape player!) than the new style with everything running through it!
Any help, pointers or tips very gratefully received!
Timmo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi all,
Contemplating swapping out the std rd4?? Unit from the good ladies partner teepee xtr for a double din navigation unit along the lines of this - unable to post link yet - Xtrons ice/hu/TA710pl
The question i have is regarding the control through the current head unit displayed on the screen, there are a good number of settings that you can scroll through, auto locking, dimming with lights, various menu's, door open indicator display etc. Will these continue to function with a new unit similar to above link (using the correct connect2u pack for the remote steering wheel control operation), will it affect the parking sensor control? Would be likely to fit a reversing camera too,
I'm a lot more used to simply pulling out the old units and swapping for a new one (although my car is currently rocking a Tape player!) than the new style with everything running through it!
Any help, pointers or tips very gratefully received!
Timmo.
you will loose some of the functions like having the screen displaying the various parameters of the car as your driving, i have upgraded to a double din all ready and my screen only displays the date, time, and temp now, but will scroll through trip computer and show me what fuel i am using, i connected using Connects 2 and got the reversing wiring loom aswell for the sensors so thats not a problem.

one problem you will encounter and thats the memory of the new upgraded stereo as the original head unit will have built in memory to store your stations, my aftermarket stereo needs a permanent live feed in order to keep my settings and with Peugeots after 3 mins of turning the ignition off it will go into a standby mode, switching off live feeds to various components of the car in order to save battery life. So beware of that. To overcome this i ran a permanent piggy back fuse feed from a permanent live from the fusebox in the passenger side compartment.

Other than that its pretty straight forward to do, have a look at some of my posts and if there are any other questions you need then feel free to ask.:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Steve thats awesome,
Where abouts in our fine county are you (kernow) if you dont mind me asking??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Many thanks Steve thats awesome,
Where abouts in our fine county are you (kernow) if you dont mind me asking??
I live down near to Padstow, in a little village about 2 miles from there. Tis very nice indeed down here aswell except when its holiday time then it fills up pretty bad on the roads.:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh Padstow! Mother lived out in trevone for a couple of years, tis nice, weem down West, lil village called Illogan, in between Redruth and the sea at Portreath, St. Austell boy born amd bred,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oooh Padstow! Mother lived out in trevone for a couple of years, tis nice, weem down West, lil village called Illogan, in between Redruth and the sea at Portreath, St. Austell boy born amd bred,
very nice, if you know Trevone then you will defo know St Merryn, which is where i am, a stones through from Constantine and Boobies bay..tis lush here though init..:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly is M'Ansome, couple of friends of mine are st merryn way, one does a lot with the pit surf shop,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts