Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a new window seal for the driver's door as mine has started leaking around the top joint with the smaller pane of glass. Looking at the old one, and pic of the new one, I'm hoping this can all be replaced without taking the door interior off - anyone confirm this is the case, or have done this before? It looks like a simple pull-off push-on type assembly. Any pics of how far the seal goes into the top of the door most appreciated :thumb:

·
5,071 Posts
dunno if this helps much

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going by other modern cars im sure you will have to take the door card off
Thats the last thing I want to do really.... don't know where to start with that or where the screws/clips are even.

Looking with the window down... the top part is easy, its just how far down the sides it goes... if its only as far as the seal I can see running along the top of the door then it should be ok... its if it goes down past that :nono:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This bit is what concerns me the most....
The other side looks OK, but its how far this side goes down that could be the problem :(

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I do end up having to take the door panel off, has anyone got any pics of where the screws and clips etc are? or a step-by-step guide?

EDIT: Definitely does look like the door card has got to come off :(

·
5,071 Posts
like this?? have you not registered with servicebox:lol::lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried... but don't know how to get the diagrams :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why put them under parts.... diagrams would be the sensible place :D

If only that site was free.... would definitely help with fault finding and repairs!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will have to take the door card off.
And take the glass out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, after dodging the showers, and about an hour to complete... the seal is replaced :nod:

Not as bad as it could be, hardest part was getting the glass back in the right place to freely open and close.

So hopefully, touch wood, thats the end to the drips :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts